On This Page
Melton West in Victoria (VIC) is a suburb with beautiful parks and a friendly community. A big shopping centre is here, and many new developments are happening.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Melton West*
Total Installed Capacity in Melton West (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Melton West, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Melton West, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Melton West
The Victorian government continues to make solar energy even more affordable and appealing. A recent report from the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) shows that over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed across the state by the start of 2023.
Making the switch to solar now is the perfect opportunity for homeowners who want to get them at more affordable rates and the best quality. To ensure you get the right solar system, take the time to find the right solar installer in Melton West. Fortunately, you can choose from many solar installers in Melton West.
Energy Matters recommends choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability. This enables them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Considering the fast-paced electrification across the country, purchasing a bigger solar system initially is a smart move. A bigger solar system in Melton West will save you more money in the long run and prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Melton West, VIC
Australia offers solar rebates and incentives, and the Victorian Government has a subsidy that allows homeowners to save more on their solar systems.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Eligible homeowners may take advantage of the Victoria Solar Homes Program, a subsidy the government provides. The program’s goal is to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years.
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Those who will get their rooftop solar systems in Australia can receive STCs. STCs serve as a discount that can be used on the upfront costs of rooftop solar panels. The amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected output of the system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Your energy retailer will provide you FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs available across the state:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
Be mindful of the peak times to make the most out of your FiTs. Usually, the peak times are between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Melton West
You need to consider a few important things before installing rooftop solar panels in Melton West, such as:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Melton West.
- Roof angle: The angle of the solar panels must follow or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Melton West, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that may affect the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Melton West. You can trim them down and your solar installer in Melton West will find the perfect location for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Melton West?
With a solar battery in Melton West, you can store the energy your solar system generates. Then, you can reap the benefits below:
- Energy independence: Say goodbye to grid dependency when you have a solar battery in Melton West. You can even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Many solar batteries available in Melton West today can protect you from blackouts. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the top choices for homeowners in Melton West, VIC, today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Melton West, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Melton West
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Melton West. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Melton West solar panels
For a mid-range home in Melton West, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.