On This Page
Famous for its river, food, and tourism, Mildura in Victoria (VIC) offers an eclectic mix of nature and city culture. It has a thriving cafe and bar scene, and festivals, along with vast parklands. Here, you get the ultimate outdoor experience.
Consider exploring solar solutions with Energy Matters to seamlessly integrate sustainability into your lifestyle. Their experts can provide valuable insights on how solar energy can enhance your connection with the outdoors, aligning perfectly with Mildura’s sun-drenched landscapes.
In a place renowned for its natural beauty, discovering the benefits of solar power feels like a natural progression. Get your FREE solar quotes now.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Mildura
Total Installed Capacity in Mildura (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Mildura, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Mildura, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Mildura
To ensure you get the best solar panels for your Mildura home, you need to find the right solar installer. A good solar installer in Mildura will help you choose the right solar system based on your personal preference, budget, and energy needs.
One thing to remember is that most solar installers in Mildura today have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. You don’t want to be limited on the brand, especially if you have a brand in mind or you want to explore it. Take the time to compare multiple solar installers in Mildura first before you make a decision.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their financial stability, which enables them to honour their warranties. Additionally, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated and released annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in Victoria, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW of panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We recommend sizing up where possible to make way for further electrification in the nation. This also prepares you should you have plans to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle in the future. By getting a bigger solar system in Mildura as early as now, you can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Mildura, VIC
There are several rebates and incentives that Mildura homeowners can take advantage of to save more money on their solar system.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are a form of rebate acquired from the initial cost of your solar system in Mildura. You receive a number of STCs that you can exchange for around $40. The amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected energy output throughout the solar panels’ lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Eligible households in Mildura, VIC may also get a rebate of up to $1,400 off the solar panel system cost. Whilst eligible households with solar battery may also get a battery rebate of up to $2,950 and those with solar hot water systems may get up to $1,000.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Excess solar energy sent back to the grid is compensated through FiTs . You get FiTs for every kWh of power exported. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria—a single-rate tariff and a time-varying tariff.
The single-rare FiT applies one rate for all energy produced, while the time-varying FiT applies different rates at different times. On weekdays, you can earn the highest FiT at peak times, around 3 pm to 9 pm.
The right solar system in Mildura
Now, there are certain factors to consider to ensure you get the most out of your solar system in Mildura:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in good condition before you have a solar system installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Mildura, look into your previous energy bills. This will give you a clear idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by trees and other structures may impact the efficiency of your solar system. Your solar installer in Mildura will help you find the right location for your solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Mildura, VIC?
A solar battery in Mildura will allow you to store energy generated by your solar panels. In turn, you can use this on cloudy days, throughout the night or during blackouts. Here are some of the benefits of a solar battery in Mildura:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient the you have a solar battery in Mildura.
- Blackout protection: Although blackouts rarely occur in Mildura, there’s nothing wrong with being prepared. The Tesla Powerwalll is one of the solar batteries you can get today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
In addition, there are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Mildura.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Mildura
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Mildura. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Mildura solar panels
For a mid-range home in Mildura, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.