On This Page
Narre Warren in Victoria (VIC) is a suburb that is home to Australia’s second biggest shopping centre; Westfield Fountain Gate. The shopping precinct is also home to the City of Casey council offices within the iconic Bunjil Place. It also has several parks and reserves that maintain the perfect urban balance.
If you’re curious about the feasibility of solar energy in Narre Warren, obtaining free solar quotes from Energy Matters can offer valuable insights.
Understanding the practicalities and potential benefits of solar installations specific to your location ensures that residents can make informed decisions about incorporating renewable energy solutions into the fabric of their homes, contributing to a greener and more sustainable community.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Narre Warren
Total Installed Capacity in Narre Warren (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Narre Warren, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Narre Warren, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Narre Warren
Solar energy has become more affordable in Narre Warren today. The Victorian government continues to make efforts to make renewable energy more attractive and affordable. A Clean Energy Regulator (CER) report shows that over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed across the state by the start of 2023.
This means now is the perfect time to switch to solar energy. Your first step is to find the right solar installer in Narre Warren.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Narre Warren. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in Narre Warren now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Narre Warren, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes Program aims to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years. Hence, this subsidy provides good discounts to eligible homeowners:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians with rooftop solar systems can get STCs , which serve as a discount that can be used on the upfront costs of their solar system. The amount of STCs varies depending on the expected output of the system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which is usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Narre Warren
You need to consider a few important things before installing rooftop solar panels in Narre Warren:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be excellent before installing rooftop solar panels in Narre Warren.
- Roof angle: The angle of your solar panels should follow or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Narre Warren, look into your previous energy bills. From here, you can get your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Shade may impact the efficiency of your solar panels, and one of the main causes is trees surrounding your property. You can trim them down and your solar installer in Narre Warren will find the right spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Narre Warren?
When you have a solar battery in Narre Warren, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels ad enjoy the following benefits:
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Narre Warren, you can make your home fully self-sufficient, which will also reduce your grid dependency.
- Blackout protection: Many batteries, such as the Tesla Powerwallcan protect you from blackouts in Narre Warren.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Narre Warren, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Narre Warren
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Narre Warren. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Narre Warren solar panels
For a mid-range home in Narre Warren, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.