Solar Power In Newcastle, NSW, 2300
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Newcastle (postcode: 2300) and the Newcastle region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Newcastle not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Newcastle
New South Wales, 2300
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Newcastle , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Newcastle region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Newcastle's solar energy resources
On average, Newcastle receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.44 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Newcastle should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 17° to 27° and the optimal angle is 22°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Newcastle
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Newcastle and is based on components well suited to Newcastle and Lake Macquarie area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Newcastle: 6.3504 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.591 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.126 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2319 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $695 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Newcastle
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Newcastle: 12.7008 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 7.182 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.252 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4638 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1391 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Newcastle
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Newcastle: 21.168 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 11.97 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 30.42 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7730 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2319 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Newcastle
Solar installations in Newcastle, NSW, 2300
There are 255 solar PV installations in Newcastle's postcode, 2300, totaling 1026.19 kW of capacity. The 2300 postcode accounts for 0.017% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Newcastle area.
The average system size in Newcastle is 4.02kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Newcastle's postcode area are generating an average of 4556 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $41007 monthly and $498913 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2300 postcode is enough to fully power 285 Australian homes.
Newcastle solar carbon offset
System owners in Newcastle's postcode are collectively avoiding 1663 tonnes (coal fired power) or 665 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 239 - 597 cars off Newcastle's roads.
Newcastle, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Newcastle information
Newcastle's coordinates are -32.926357,151.78122 and its weather station is located at Newcastle. Newcastle weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Newcastle: 4.44 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 7.55 m/s
- Air pressure: 98.49 kPa
- Humidity: 74.65%
- Air temperature: 18.18 degrees C
- Earth temperature:17.48 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Newcastle
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Newcastle households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Newcastle and the Newcastle region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Newcastle hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Newcastle
Join Newcastle's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Newcastle and the Newcastle region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.