On This Page
Pakenham is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 53 kilometres south-east of Melbourne’s Central Business District. It is a major commercial and retail centre for the southeastern suburbs of Melbourne.
The suburb is home to a number of shopping centres, including the Pakenham Plaza and the Pakenham Central Shopping Centre.
As you immerse yourself in the charm of this locale, consider exploring sustainable energy options that align with Pakenham’s progressive spirit. For those curious about harnessing solar energy, Energy Matters offers a thoughtful approach. Seek insight and gather free solar quotes from Energy Matters to discover how sustainable choices seamlessly integrate into the fabric of this thriving suburb.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Pakenham*
Total Installed Capacity in Pakenham (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Pakenham, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Pakenham, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Pakenham
Solar power costs have decreased in Pakenham. The Victorian government is still attempting to make renewable energy more appealing and accessible. According to research by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), the state will have more than 650,000 small-scale PV systems installed by the start of 2023.
This indicates the time is opportune to convert to solar energy. The first thing you should do is choose the best solar installer in Pakenham.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Pakenham. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in Pakenham now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Pakenham, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
According to the Victoria Solar Homes Program, one million residences are anticipated to install rooftop solar panels during a ten-year period. Therefore, this subsidy provides qualified homeowners with significant savings:
- Solar panel price: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar-powered water heaters: $1000
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians with rooftop solar systems can use STCs, a sort of rebate, to defray the upfront costs of their solar system. Depending on the projected lifetime production of the system, the amount of STCs varies.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which is usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Pakenham
When putting in rooftop solar panels in Pakenham, the following important aspects must be taken into account:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition prior to installing rooftop solar panels in Pakenham.
- Roof angle: The slope of your solar panels should match or be equal to the latitude angle at which your home is located.
- Energy usage: To determine how many solar panels you need in Pakenham, look at your prior energy bills. You will then know about how much energy you use each month.
- Surrounding shade: Trees surrounding your property contribute significantly to the shade which could affect the efficiency of your solar panels. They can be shortened, and your solar installation in Pakenham will work with you to choose the best spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Pakenham, VIC?
Having a solar battery in Pakenham to store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels has the following benefits:
- Energy independence: You can entirely separate your home from the grid and reduce your need for it by installing a solar battery in Pakenham.
- Protection from blackouts: In Pakenham, several batteries, including the Tesla Powerwall, can provide you with blackout protection.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Pakenham, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Pakenham
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Narre Warren. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Pakenham solar panels
For a mid-range home in Pakenham, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.