Solar Power In Perth, WA, 6000
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Western Australia, including Perth (postcode: 6000) and the Perth City region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout WA.
Perth not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Perth
Western Australia, 6000
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Perth , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Perth City region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Western Australia team on 1800 EMATTERS (1800 362 883).
Perth's solar energy resources
On average, Perth receives solar irradiation levels of around 5.35 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Perth should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 16° to 26° and the optimal angle is 21°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Perth
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Perth and is based on components well suited to Perth - Inner area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Perth: 7.6518 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.591 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 11.8314 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2794 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $838 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Perth
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Perth: 15.3036 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 7.182 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 23.6628 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5588 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1676 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Perth
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Perth: 25.506 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 11.97 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 39.438 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 9314 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2794 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Perth
Solar installations in Perth, WA, 6000
There are 146 solar PV installations in Perth's postcode, 6000, totaling 727.75 kW of capacity. The 6000 postcode accounts for 0.01% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Perth area.
The average system size in Perth is 4.98kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Perth's postcode area are generating an average of 3893 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $35041 monthly and $426334 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 6000 postcode is enough to fully power 202 Australian homes.
Perth solar carbon offset
System owners in Perth's postcode are collectively avoiding 1421 tonnes (coal fired power) or 568 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 204 - 510 cars off Perth's roads.
Perth, Western Australia regional boundaries
Other related Perth information
Perth's coordinates are -31.9554,115.85859 and its weather station is located at Perth City. Perth City weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Perth: 5.35 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.40 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.26 kPa
- Humidity: 64.41%
- Air temperature: 18.33 degrees C
- Earth temperature:20.66 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Perth
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Perth households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Perth and the Perth City region. For more WA solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Western Australia or call our Perth hotline on 1800 EMATTERS (1800 362 883).
Home Battery Systems In Perth
Join Perth's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Perth and the Perth City region. Call our Western Australia team on 1800 EMATTERS (1800 362 883) for more information.