On This Page
Rosedale in Victoria (VIC) is a small town with a big sense of community and a whole lot of charm. This idyllic place is a bit of a hidden gem, known for its serene country atmosphere and friendly locals. With its historic architecture and a main street that feels like a step back in time, Rosedale offers a taste of old-world Australia.
For those who appreciate the great outdoors, the nearby Tarra-Bulga National Park is a lush wonderland filled with ancient rainforests, walking trails, and abundant wildlife.
And if you’re a foodie, you’ll love the local cafes and bakeries that serve up delicious treats. Whether you’re seeking a peaceful escape or a taste of small-town life,
If you’re considering harnessing the abundant sunshine in this picturesque town, you might want to explore solar options. Energy Matters offers free solar quotes, providing valuable information for those interested in sustainable energy solutions.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Rosedale*
Total Installed Capacity in Rosedale (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Rosedale, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Rosedale, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Rosedale
Solar power has become more inexpensive in Benalla. The Victorian government is still working to increase the appeal and accessibility of renewable energy. By the beginning of 2023, the state will have installed more than 650,000 small-scale PV systems, according to a study by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER).
This exemplifies the advantages of immediately converting to solar energy. The greatest solar installer in Rosedale should be your top priority.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Rosedale. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in Rosedale now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Rosedale, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Over a ten-year span, the Victoria Solar Homes Program seeks to install rooftop solar panels in one million households. Homeowners who are eligible for this incentive can cut costs significantly by:
- Solar panels: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar water heaters: $1,000
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs, a type of rebate, are available to Australians who have rooftop solar systems to help offset the cost of the initial installation. The anticipated lifetime output of the system affects the number of STCs.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Rosedale
There are a few important considerations to make when installing rooftop solar panels in Rosedale:
- Roof condition: Before having rooftop solar panels installed in Rosedale, your roof should be in excellent shape.
- Roof angle: Your solar panels’ slope ought to correspond to or be the same as the latitude angle at which your house is situated.
- Energy consumption: Examine your most recent energy bills to determine how many solar panels you’ll need in Rosedale. Using this technique, you can calculate your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees greatly increase the amount of surrounding shade that falls on your land, which could negatively affect how well your solar panels perform. Your Rosedale solar installer can assist you in finding the perfect spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar battery in Rosedale, VIC?
The following advantages come from utilizing a solar battery in Rosedale to store the energy produced by your rooftop solar panels:
- Energy independence: Installing a solar battery in Rosedale might either completely cut off your house from the grid or reduce your need for it.
- Protection from power outages: In order to assist residents in protecting their homes from blackouts, Rosedale has installed a number of batteries, most notably the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Rosedale, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Rosedale
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Rosedale. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Rosedale solar panels
For a mid-range home in Rosedale, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.