On This Page
St Albans, Victoria is a diverse and lively suburb located in Melbourne’s northwest. Known for its multicultural community, vibrant shopping districts, and a range of amenities, St Albans is an appealing destination for both residents and visitors.
It is a vibrant and culturally rich suburb that combines affordability with convenience. Whether you’re drawn to its diverse culinary scene, vibrant markets, or friendly community, St Albans offers a unique suburban experience.
It’s a place where you can savour the flavours of the world, explore parks and green spaces, and immerse yourself in a welcoming multicultural atmosphere.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in St Albans*
Total Installed Capacity in St Albans (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in St Albans, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in St Albans, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in St Albans
The cost of solar energy has come down in St Albans and the Victorian government is continuously pushing to make renewable energy more appealing and available. According to research by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), the state will have installed more than 650,000 small-scale PV systems by the start of 2023.
This demonstrates the benefits of switching over to solar energy right away. The best solar installer in St Albans should be your primary objective.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in St Albans. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in St Albans now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in St Albans, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes Program aims to install rooftop solar panels in one million homes over a ten-year period. Homeowners who are qualified to get this subsidy can significantly reduce their costs:
- Solar panels: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar water heaters: $1,000
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians with rooftop solar systems can apply for STCs, a kind of rebate, to assist in defraying the cost of the original installation. The quantity of STCs you get depends on the system’s expected lifetime output.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in St Albans
When installing rooftop solar panels in St Albans, the following factors should be taken into account:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before having rooftop solar panels installed in St Albans.
- Roof angle: The slope of your solar panels should match or be equal to the latitude angle at which your home is located.
- Energy usage: To determine how many solar panels you’ll need in St Albans, look at your most current energy bills. You may determine your monthly energy use using this method.
- Surrounding shade: Trees significantly increase the amount of surrounding shade that falls on your property, which could have an adverse influence on the efficiency of your solar panels. The ideal location for your rooftop solar panels can be determined with help from your St Albans solar installer.
Do you need a solar battery in St Albans, VIC?
Using a solar battery in St Albans to store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels has the following benefits:
- Energy independence: You can lessen or eliminate your reliance on the grid by installing a solar battery in St Albans.
- Protection from blackouts: Solar batteries can help keep your St Albans house powered during blackouts. Currently, one of the most popular brands is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in St Albans, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in St Albans
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in St Albans. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on St Albans solar panels
For a mid-range home in St Albans, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.