On This Page
Sunbury, Victoria is a charming suburb located on the outskirts of Melbourne. Known for its historic heritage, beautiful parks, and growing community, Sunbury offers a tranquil lifestyle with easy access to both the city and regional attractions.
It offers a peaceful and family-friendly lifestyle with a touch of historic charm. Its accessibility to both Melbourne and regional attractions makes it a sought-after destination for those looking to escape the city’s hustle and bustle while remaining well-connected. Whether you’re interested in exploring wineries, enjoying outdoor activities, or immersing yourself in the local community.
For residents considering a sustainable energy approach, exploring solar options could seamlessly integrate with Sunbury’s commitment to a harmonious lifestyle. To learn more about solar solutions tailored to your needs, you can easily obtain free solar quotes from Energy Matters, contributing to the eco-conscious ethos that complements Sunbury’s unique character.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Sunbury*
Total Installed Capacity in Sunbury (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Sunbury, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Sunbury, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Sunbury
In Sunbury, solar energy costs have decreased, and the Victorian government is always working to increase the appeal and accessibility of renewable energy sources. By the beginning of 2023, the state will have installed more than 650,000 small-scale PV systems, according to a study by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER).
This exemplifies the advantages of immediately converting to solar energy. Your main goal should be to choose Sunbury’s best solar installer.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Sunbury. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in Sunbury now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Sunbury, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Over a ten-year span, the Victoria Solar Homes Program seeks to install rooftop solar panels in one million houses. Homeowners who are eligible for this incentive can cut costs significantly by:
- Solar panels: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar water heaters: $1,000
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs, a type of rebate, are available to Australians who have rooftop solar systems to help offset the cost of the initial installation. You will get a certain number of STCs depending on the system’s anticipated lifetime production.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Sunbury
The following elements should be considered before installing rooftop solar panels in Sunbury:
- Roof condition: Before having rooftop solar panels put in Sunbury, your roof should be in fantastic shape.
- Roof angle: Your solar panels’ slope ought to correspond to or be the same as the latitude angle at which your house is situated.
- Energy usage: Examine your most recent energy bills to establish how many solar panels you’ll need in Sunbury. Using this technique, you can calculate your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees greatly increase the amount of surrounding shade that falls on your land, which could negatively affect how well your solar panels perform. Your Sunbury solar installer can assist you in choosing the best location for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Sunbury, VIC?
The following advantages come from utilizing a solar battery in Sunbury to store the energy produced by your rooftop solar panels:
- Energy independence: By installing a solar battery in Sunbury, you may reduce or do away with your reliance on the grid.
- Protection from blackouts: During blackouts, solar batteries can assist in keeping your Sunbury home powered. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the most well-known brands right now.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Sunbury, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Sunbury
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Sunbury. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Sunbury solar panels
For a mid-range home in Sunbury, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.