On This Page
Known for its many Asian shops and restaurants, Sunnybank in Queensland is a family-friendly suburb. There are many restaurants and shopping centres here. It is also close to universities and schools.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Sunnybank*
Total Installed Capacity in Sunnybank (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Sunnybank, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Sunnybank, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Sunnybank
Solar power in Queensland continues to grow, which makes the state live up to its name—the sunshine state. The Clean Energy Regulator (CER) recorded over 900,000 small-scale solar systems installed across QLD at the beginning of 2023.
This puts the state on the right track to achieve 50 per cent renewable energy generating capacity by 2030.
Now is the best time to switch to solar energy because it’s more affordable and accessible than ever. Your first step is to find the right solar installer in Sunnybank. There are many solar installers in Sunnybank you can choose from.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
It’s a good idea to get a bigger solar system initially. Electrification is going at a supercharged pace, which will impact your future energy needs. When you buy a bigger solar system, you can save more money and prepare for the changes ahead.
Solar rebates and incentives in Sunnybank, QLD
Currently, there is no available state rebate in QLD, but nationwide rebates and incentives are available to homeowners with rooftop solar panels today.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can be traded for cash and used as a discount to reduce the overall upfront cost of your rooftop solar panels. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your solar system in Sunnybank.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. It is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rates.
You can stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives, click here.
The right solar system in Sunnybank
When installing rooftop solar panels in Bundall, you need to consider a few things.
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in its best condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Sunnybank.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Review your previous energy bills to determine the solar panels you need for your Sunnybank home. This will provide you with information on your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that can compromise the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Sunnybank. You can trim them down, and your solar installer in Sunnybank will help find the best spot for your solar system.
Your solar installer in Sunnybank will also design a system to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Sunnybank?
A solar battery in Sunnybank will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. You can also reap the benefits below:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Sunnybank. Even better, it can make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: There are many solar batteries in Sunnybank, and one of them is the Tesla Powerwall, which can protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Sunnybank back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Sunnybank, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Sunnybank
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Sunnybank.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Beachmere:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Sunnybank solar panels
For a mid-range home in Sunnybank, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.