On This Page
Tocumwal, a charming town in New South Wales (NSW) is a hidden gem for those seeking a serene country lifestyle. It is a haven for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
The town offers picturesque riverfront parks, perfect for picnics, fishing, and leisurely strolls.
With its lush green landscapes and scenic beauty, Tocumwal provides a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Whether you’re looking for a tranquil place to retire, a weekend getaway, or a taste of rural charm, Tocumwal offers a warm and inviting atmosphere that captures the essence of country living.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Tocumwal*
Total Installed Capacity in Tocumwal (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Tocumwal, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Tocumwal, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Tocumwal
More families in the state are moving to solar energy as a result of the NSW government’s initiatives to increase accessibility and lower the price of renewable energy sources.
According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the state’s installed PV capacity will increase to 6,070 MW by 2038.
Finding the best solar installer in Tocumwal is the first step in making the switch to solar energy. Fortunately, there are many different solar installers in Tocumwal.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Tocumwal will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Tocumwal, NSW
The government of New South Wales (NSW) provides incentives and subsidies to promote the use of solar energy.
Swap for Solar
Low-income families may be eligible for subsidies that will cover the cost of installing 3kW systems.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
If you don’t qualify for a Swap for Solar, you might be able to sell your energy-saving upgrades for cash. By replacing your appliances, you may be qualified for a free home energy analysis worth up to $4,000.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are simple to obtain for Australians with solar panels installed in their homes. As a result, Tocumwal homeowners are covered by insurance. The Australian Federal Government issues STCs, but market supply and demand decide the price. The total value of these STCs will be subtracted from the value of the complete solar system because each solar system is only allowed a certain amount of STCs.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Tocumwal
The following factors should be considered by Tocumwal property owners before installing rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: It’s important to think about your roof’s condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Tocumwal.
- Roof angle: The ideal roof angle for a particular region depends on the latitude of the home’s location.
- Energy usage: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, you must know your average monthly energy usage. You will need to provide your previous energy bills in this situation.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from nearby trees or other structures may cause the solar panels on your roof to operate less efficiently. You can get assistance from your Tocumwal solar installer in deciding where to put your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Tocumwal, NSW?
If you have a solar battery in Tocumwal, you may store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. The benefits of owning a solar battery are as follows:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery, Tocumwal residents can fully eliminate or drastically reduce their reliance on the grid.
- Protection from blackouts: Even though Tocumwal doesn’t experience many power outages, solar batteries can help you be better prepared for them when they do. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you can get right now.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Tocumwal
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Tocumwal solar panels
A mid-range home in Tocumwal can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.