SunEdison Australia (Pty Ltd), trading as Energy Matters, was one of the founding signatories of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) authorised Clean Energy Council Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct.
The Code was developed to provide consumers peace of mind when making a solar power system purchase decision.
Through SunEdison Australia (Pty Ltd), trading as Energy Matters, our qualification as a Clean Energy Council Approved Retailer serves as formal recognition of what we’ve practiced for many years. In fact, we assisted in the development the Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct.
As a signatory through SunEdison Australia (Pty Ltd), Energy Matters customers can expect:
- Our sales representatives to act ethically at all times
- We will not engage in any dishonest or misleading advertising and sales tactics
- We will provide you with the necessary written information about your chosen system and installation prior to you entering into a contract with us
- We will respect and uphold your legal rights relating to cooling-off periods and refunds
- We will not make changes to a contract after a contract is signed that are not first approved by you in writing
- We provide (and exceed) the Code’s standard minimum warranty period of five years on the operation and performance of the whole PV system; including workmanship and products, and we commit to addressing any problems during our warranty period should they occur
- We will keep you fully informed of the process between system installation and network connection – or will facilitate this process on your behalf
Documentation and general business
- We will provide you with all the required documentation after your solar panel system is installed
- We will observe all relevant legislation and regulations, plus maintain effective internal cancellation and complaint handling processes
- We will be fully accountable for the actions of parties we subcontract to in relation to your installation, including any CEC-accredited
installers or designers associated with your project
- We provide a fair and transparent complaints process and will follow up with you rapidly if you should you have concerns.
Our participation in the Solar PV Retailer Code of Conduct program is just one of the many reasons why you should choose Energy Matters as your solar provider.