With so many solar installers across Australia vying for your business, sorting the wheat from the chaff can be tricky. Many solar retailers are ready to offer incredibly cheap systems that seem too good to be true, and they usually are. So how can you determine if the solar retailer ready to install your investment is going to provide a quality install?
Episode 6, season 6 of Open Homes Australia showcased a solar installer that Energy Matters is proud to recommend. Fair Solar, located in Queensland, Western Australia, and Victoria, provide exceptional installations. They also provide workmanship warranties, production guarantees, and follow-up system health checks.
In this blog, we will discuss the things to look for when selecting a solar installer. We will also have another look at the fantastic installation featured on Open Homes Australia.
The right installer, the right outcome
The QLD home featured on Open Homes Australia was a fantastic display of how solar can benefit a home in more ways than one. The blistering Queensland heat can transform a house into an oven very quickly. Cooling down the home, where the house was not designed sustainably, can be quite costly. Adding solar to this home not only allows the home to generate electricity to offset the electricity usage but also doubles as insulation. The flat roof now has added insulation thanks to the 13kW system installed by Fair Solar. The sunlight is captured for electricity generation but also reflected to reduce heat absorption.
30kWh of electricity will be generated, on average, each day for the home. The average daily usage for a family in QLD sits at 20kWh. This system is set to cover all of the home’s daytime consumption. More importantly, the family can rest assured that their system will perform as expected. If it doesn’t, they will receive the difference as money back from Fair Solar.
Guarantees and warranties: why they’re a game changer
Fair Solar provides an industry-leading 100% production guarantee for 3 years. If your system does not perform as expected, they will give you cash back for the value of the lost solar production. Further to this, they also provide a 10-year workmanship warranty. If your system requires any repairs during this time, they will fix it – free of charge!
While most installers will not provide a production guarantee, it is something to look for when selecting a solar retailer.
Sorting the wheat from the chaff: choosing the right solar installer
There are a few simple things you can do to make sure that you select the best installer for your home or business:
- Find out if the retailer is a CEC Approved Retailer. If the answer is no, then,
- Ask the retailer if their installers are CEC accredited and licenced.
- Find out what warranties and guarantees are available on parts, installation, labour, and production.
- Find out what brands the retailer uses in their installations. Check to see if the solar panels are Tier 1 panels and find out what kind of warranties are available on the panels and the inverter.
- Use ABN lookup to see how long the business has been operating and if they have operated under different names.
- Check reviews on Google and across other consumer review sites.
Solar, batteries, EV chargers, and other renewable energy technologies are all investments. Doing your due diligence will reduce the risk of any issues presenting themselves in the future. If something does go wrong with your system, you want the installer to be available to assist with warranties and repairs.
Energy Matters doing most of the work for you
Energy Matters works with a network of solar retailers across Australia to bring you free quotes for solar, batteries, EV chargers, hot water systems, and more for residential homes and businesses. The installers are pre-vetted by our team to ensure that the retailer you select provides you with a system you can rely on.
Begin your solar journey today, or add to your existing system, with our FREE quote service. Click here to begin!
With offices in Queensland, Western Australia, and Victoria, Fair Solar services a large portion of Australia!
Find out how they can provide your home or business with the technology it needs to save money and reduce its carbon footprint. Fair Solar, a CEC approved Retailer, provides the following services:
- Solar, battery, and EV charger installation
- In-home consultation – personalised quotes provided along with checking of your switchboard, meter box, electricity bills and consumption
- 3 and 12-month follow-up system health checks to ensure the system is performing as expected
- Financing options available
- Remote monitoring – Fair Solar will be able to see how your system is performing in real-time
- Local support
- Industry-leading warranties and guarantees
Contact Fair Solar today to arrange a free, no-obligation quote.