In recent years, the global energy landscape has significantly transformed, with renewable energy sources gaining traction as viable alternatives to traditional fossil fuels. Among these, solar energy has emerged as a prominent player, proving to be both environmentally friendly and economically advantageous.
Solar power is becoming increasingly popular in New South Wales (NSW), as the cost of solar panels has fallen and the cost of electricity has risen. In fact, solar is now cheaper than electricity in many parts of NSW.
Are you looking to save money on your electricity bills and reduce your carbon footprint? Solar energy is the perfect solution! Energy Matters can help you get up to 3 FREE quotes from pre-qualified and vetted solar firms in your area.
With Energy Matters, you can be sure you’re getting the best possible deal on solar energy. We only work with reputable solar firms with a proven track record of delivering high-quality solar systems.
There are a number of reasons why solar is now cheaper than electricity in NSW
- The cost of solar panels has fallen significantly in recent years. In 2010, the average cost of a solar panel system in NSW was around $20,000. Today, the average cost is closer to $5,000. Learn more: Latest Advances in Solar PV Technology Could Make Solar Panels More Efficient and Affordable.
- The cost of electricity has risen significantly in recent years. In 2010, NSW’s average household electricity bill was around $1,200 per year. Today, the average household electricity bill is closer to $2,400 per year. Learn more: Consumers Warned Of Electricity Price Spikes Of At Least 20%: Steps In Reducing Energy Consumption.
- The government of NSW offers a number of rebates and incentives for solar power. These rebates and incentives can offset the cost of installing solar panels and make them even more affordable. Learn more: Solar Panel Rebate & Renewable Energy Subsidy Information.
- The long-term cost benefits are undeniable while the initial investment in a solar power system might seem significant. Solar panels have a relatively long lifespan, typically ranging from 25 to 30 years or more. This longevity ensures a consistent and low-cost energy supply over their operational lifetime, shielding consumers from the volatility of fossil fuel prices and potential grid electricity rate hikes. Learn more: Why You Should Install Solar Panels On Your Investment Property.
- Net Metering and energy independence to the grid. Net metering policies enable solar power system owners to feed surplus electricity back into the grid, receiving credits for the excess energy produced. This offsets the cost of electricity consumed during periods of low solar output and promotes energy self-sufficiency. As a result, solar power users become less reliant on grid electricity, reducing overall energy expenses.
- Solar energy significantly reduces carbon emissions and environmental impact compared to conventional electricity generation from fossil fuels. As concerns about climate change escalate, more individuals and businesses are willing to invest in cleaner energy sources, further driving the adoption of solar power. Learn more: Solar Energy: A Renewable Resource.
As a result of these factors, solar is now cheaper than electricity in many parts of NSW. For example, a study by the Clean Energy Council found that solar was cheaper than electricity for households in Sydney, Newcastle, and Wollongong.
If you are considering installing solar panels in NSW, you should keep a few things in mind
First, the size of your solar system will affect how much money you save on your electricity bill. A larger system will save you more money, but it will also cost more to install.
Second, the orientation of your roof and the amount of sunlight it receives will also affect how much money you save. If your roof faces north or northeast, you will receive more sunlight and save more money.
Third, the type of solar panels you choose will also affect how much money you save. More efficient solar panels will cost more to purchase, but they will also save you money in the long run.
Overall, solar is now a more affordable and attractive option than ever before for households in NSW. If you are looking to save money on your electricity bill and reduce your carbon footprint, solar is a great option to consider.
Read more about solar panels
- Solar Panels Sydney & NSW
- How to Make Your Solar Panels Last Longer in Australia
- Best Solar Panels Brands in Australia to Consider in 2023
- Solar Panel Systems in Australia – Tips, Prices & Key Info
- Cleaning Solar Panels: Why, When, and How You Should Do It
- Solar Panels Maintenance
- How Long Do Solar Panels Last in Australia? Degradation Explained
- How a grid connected solar power system works
Steps to be net-zero emissions for getting the most out of solar power and who are considering installing solar panels in NSW:
- Get quotes from trusted and pre-vetted local installers.
- Take advantage of government rebates and incentives.
- Consider adding a solar battery to store excess solar energy for use at night or during peak demand times.
- Elect for a feed-in tariff to earn money for the solar energy that you export to the grid. Learn more: Solar Feed In Tariff NSW.
- Join a VPP (Virtual Power Plant). A VPP is a group of solar and battery owners working to manage their energy consumption and production. This can help you reduce your electricity bills and make a bigger environmental impact.
- Maintain your solar system regularly to ensure it operates at peak efficiency. Learn more: Off Peak Electricity Times In NSW.
By following these tips, you can ensure that you get the most out of your solar power system and save money on your electricity bill for years to come.
Still can’t afford to switch to solar power? Are you considering getting solar panels but are currently short on funds? You can still invest wisely, and Energy Matters can help you.
Powow and Energy Matters have teamed up to provide consumers with an alternative to switching to solar power and battery storage.
The biggest obstacle to installing solar and battery storage is typically finance. With Powow’s PPA and VPP, our customers will have a $0 upfront option and financial stability in the uncertain energy market.
Get up to 3 obligation-free quotes by getting in touch with us right away. Find out what payment plan options suit your needs and budget!
Why choose Energy Matters?
- We’ve been in the solar industry since 2005 and have helped over 40,000 Australian households in their journey to energy independence.
- We’ve pre-qualified and vetted our installers for their track record of delivering Australia’s best business and household solar systems.
- We’ll match you with installers who are local to you, so you can get a quote that’s tailored to your needs.
Benefits of going solar with Energy Matters:
- Get up to 3 FREE quotes: We’ll connect you with 3 different solar installers so you can compare prices and services.
- Work with trusted installers: We only work with solar installers who have been pre-qualified and vetted for their track record of delivering quality solar systems.
- Get peace of mind: We’ll be there to support you every step of the way, from the initial consultation to the final installation. Our team will assist you with the information you need to go solar!
So what are you waiting for? Energy Matters can help! We have a trusted network of local, pre-qualified and vetted installers who are ready to provide you with competitive quotes and answer your questions. Get up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes by completing our quick quiz.