On This Page
Adelaide River in the Northern Territory (NT) is a small village lined with shady trees and green lawns. It was the site of a major military headquarters during World War II, and today, a popular destination is the WWII cemetery. The Adelaide River Pub is also a-must visit.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Adelaide River*
Total Installed Capacity in Adelaide River (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Adelaide River, NT
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Adelaide River, NT by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Adelaide River
Solar power is booming in Northern Territory, thanks to the continuous effort of the NT government to make it more accessible and affordable. Households and business owners are making the switch to solar, and residents of Adelaide River are keeping up.
If you’re thinking of installing rooftop solar panels in Adelaide River today, then there are a few things you need to know. The first thing is to find the right solar installer in Adelaide River. With the increasing number of solar installers in Adelaide River, the process can be overwhelming, which is why we’re here to help.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability. Hence, they can honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels for rooftop installation.
To find them, check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in NT, you’ll find homes with rooftops solar panels with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Sizing up where possible or as early as now is an excellent idea because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. Electrification will impact your future energy needs, and by buying a bigger solar system as early as now, you are prepared and will save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Adelaide River, NT
Rooftop solar panels in Adelaide River and across the territory are eligible for solar rebates and incentives, such as:
Home & Business Battery Scheme (HBBS)
Provided by the NT Government, HBBS allows households and businesses get a $6,000 grant when they purchase and install solar panels with eligible batteries and inverters.
HBBS is also available to those with existing solar batteries and inverters as long as the battery storage is at least 7kWh.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can be traded for cash and deducted from the overall cost of the solar system. The number of STCs you get will be based on the size and location of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers provide FiTs to homeowners who export excess energy into the grid. Thus, it’s important to get the highest FiTs as much as possible, compare energy retailers first.
The right solar system in Adelaide River
Other important factors must be considered to ensure you get the right solar system in Adelaide River. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be perfect before installing rooftop solar panels in Adelaide River. You can hire a professional roof inspection service for this.
- Roof angle: The roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Determine the solar panels you need in Adelaide River by looking into your previous energy bills. Doing so will give you insights on your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may impact the efficiency of your solar panels. Trimming them down is one thing you can do, whilst your solar installer in Adelaide River will design a solar system to let you maximise your roof space.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Adelaide River
When you have a solar battery in Adelaide River, you can store excess energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. As a result, you can enjoy solar power throughout the day and night, regardless of the weather conditions.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and energy bills when you have a solar battery in Adelaide River. You can make your home fully self-sufficient as well.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are rare in Adelaide River but can happen. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, can protect you during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more when you gain credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery back into the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Adelaide River
Northern Territory’s EV strategy and implementation plan were released last year. The plan will incentivise the purchase of new and used EVs through free registration and reduced stamp duty for five years as of July 2022.
The new plan will also see an expansion of EVs within government and agency fleets and an expansion of charging infrastructure, among others. By 2030, the NT Government fleet will have 200 EVs at a rate of 20 additional vehicles yearly.
Additionally, residents in smaller centres will benefit from a grants program.
Switching to an EV in Adelaide River is an excellent idea, and you get more benefits like the ones listed below:
- Lower costs: Running and maintaining an EV are more affordable.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050, and you can help by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Adelaide River solar panels
For a mid-range home in Adelaide River, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.