On This Page
Albanvale in Victoria (VIC) is a suburb that has everything you will ever need. It’s a great suburb close to the Melbourne CBD and Tullamarine Airport. There is a local primary school, and the Diamond Avenue reserve is perfect for those who enjoy the outdoors. It’s also easily accessible via most major roads and highways.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Albanvale*
Total Installed Capacity in Albanvale (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Albanvale, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Albanvale, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Albanvale
A growing number of households and businesses in Victoria are taking advantage of solar energy. In Albanvale, more homeowners are installing rooftop solar panels. This makes it a great time to switch to solar energy, especially as electrification spreads all over the country and governments continue to make it affordable and accessible.
The first thing to do is to find the right solar installer in Albanvale. It’s true that there are many solar installers in Albanvale you can choose from, but you want to find someone who will suit your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. You also need to remember that with the surge in popularity of solar panels today, there is also an increase in fly-by-nighters—and you don’t want to be a victim of this.
That’s why we recommend you only choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they have a good reputation, produce higher-quality solar panels, and honour their warranties.
They’re easy to find—all you need is to check Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers list, which is updated every year.
Another thing to remember is that most solar installers in Albanvale have a preferred solar panel manufacturer already. That’s why it’s crucial you take the time to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. However, you can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
You should also consider getting a bigger solar system in Albanvale. As mentioned, with the rapid pace of electrification in Australia, will impact your future energy needs. You are more prepared when you buy a bigger solar system as early as now. Moreover, this also makes room for a solar battery or an electric vehicle soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Albanvale, VIC
The Victoria government makes solar energy more affordable to homeowners and business owners through rebates and incentives. They are the following:
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided to all Australians that have solar systems on their properties. The STCs can be traded for cash, but the amount will vary depending on the expected solar system output through its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
You can get great rebates through the Victoria Solar Homes program when you’re eligible. They are the following:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Exporting excess energy back into the grid allows you to receive FiTs provided by your energy retailer. In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
You can get the highest FiTs during peak times, around 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Albanvale
A few things should be greatly considered when installing rooftop solar panels in Albanvale.
- Roof condition: You might want to hire a professional roof inspector to ensure your roof is in its best condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Albanvale.
- Roof angle: Ideally, your roof must be angled as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your Albanvale property, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees and other structures on your property and the surrounding area may cause shade that will impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Albanvale. One option is to trim them down whilst eliminating other structures. Also, your solar installer in Albanvale will help you find the right location for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Albanvale, VIC?
When you have a solar battery in Albanvale, you can store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. As a result, you will have power on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient when you have a solar battery in Albanvale.
- Blackout protection: With a solar battery in Albanvale, blackouts are no longer a cause of concern. You can get many solar batteries today, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Albanvale, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Albanvale
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Albanvale. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Albanvale solar panels
For a mid-range home in Albanvale, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.