On This Page
Altona Meadows in Victoria (VIC) is a suburb that is close to the city and Cheetham wetlands. Cheetham Wetlands is a huge park that is popular with walkers and birdwatchers. The suburb is filled with amenities that guarantee residents have everything they need here.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Altona Meadows*
Total Installed Capacity in Altona Meadows (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Altona Meadows, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Altona Meadows, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Altona Meadows
A growing number of households are switching to solar in Victoria. Altona Meadows residents are trying to catch up with solar and have begun installing rooftop solar panels. Approximately 14 per cent of households in the suburb have solar panels on their roofs today.
If you’re thinking of making the switch, your first step is finding the right solar installer in Altona Meadows. With the right solar installer, you can guarantee that your energy needs, personal preference, and budget will be considered.
However, there are many solar installers in Altona Meadows, which can be overwhelming for a first-timer like you (and even if you’ve done this before, it can still be overwhelming!).
This is why we recommend Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels and can honour their warranties.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
A good thing to remember is that most solar installers in Altona Meadows have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Hence, we highly encourage you to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in Victoria, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
To make the most out of your solar system in Altona Meadows, we recommend you get a bigger solar system initially. Electrification in Australia is rising and will significantly impact your future energy needs.
To prepare for this, getting a bigger solar system as early as now is a good decision, saving you a lot of money. This will also support a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Altona Meadows, VIC
Small-scale Technology Certificates
STCs are given to all Australians with a solar system installed. You can trade STCs for cash. However, the amount of STCs you get will be based on the output of your solar system throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Those eligible for the Victoria Solar Homes program can get a rebate of up to $1,400 off the cost of the rooftop solar panels. On the other hand, those with solar batteries and hot water systems can get a rebate of up to $2,950 and $1,000, respectively.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are provided to homeowners when they export excess energy back into the grid. In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs: single-rate FiTs that apply one rate for all energy produced and time-varying FiTs that apply different rates at different times of the day.
Be mindful of the peak times to earn higher FiTs. The peak times are around 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Altona Meadows
There are factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Altona Meadows, VIC:
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need in Altona Meadows, look into your previous energy bills. You can get a general idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may impact the efficiency of our rooftop solar panels in Altona Meadows. You can trim them down, and your solar installer will also help find the right spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Altona Meadows, VIC?
A solar battery in Altona Meadows will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. With this, you will have power even on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Altona Meadows.
- Blackout protection: The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries you can get today that will ensure you have power in your home even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Altona Meadows, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Altona Meadows
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Altona Meadows. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Altona Meadows solar panels
For a mid-range home in Altona Meadows, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.