On This Page
Ardeer in Victoria (VIC) is a leafy, family suburb that runs along a section of Kororoit Creek. To complement the beautiful creek, there are also many parks, cafes, restaurants, and more that enhance a community spirit. The suburb also evokes a bit of a country town feel because most people know each other.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Ardeer*
Total Installed Capacity in Ardeer (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Ardeer, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Ardeer, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Ardeer
With the rapid pace of electrification in Australia, it’s no wonder that more households and businesses today are switching to solar in Victoria. In Ardeer, the numbers are growing as well. You can take advantage of solar power today by installing rooftop solar panels in Ardeer.
Your first step is to find the right solar installer in Ardeer. It can be an overwhelming process due to the high number of solar installers in Ardeer you will find today. The trick here is knowing where to look.
That’s why we recommend selecting Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers here at Energy Matters. They are stable and reliable and produce higher-quality solar panels. Most importantly, they honour their warranties.
You can check them out on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers list, which is updated every year.
Remember that most solar installers in Ardeer have a preferred solar panel manufacturer already, which is why you need to take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
It’s also a smart move to get a bigger solar system in Ardeer initially. As mentioned, further electrification is expected, which can impact your future energy needs. Plans for a solar battery or an electric vehicle will be better suited when you have a bigger solar system installed in Ardeer. Also, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Ardeer, VIC
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Every Australian with a solar system on their property is entitled to receive STCs that can be traded for cash. The amount of STCs you get will be used on the expected solar system output throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes program brings huge discounts for eligible residents.
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water system: $1,000
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
When you export excess energy back into the grid, you receive FiTs from your energy retailer. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
On weekdays, you can earn the highest FiTs during peak times around 3 pm to 9 pm.
The right solar system in Ardeer
Next, before you install rooftop solar panels in Ardeer, there are a few things you need to consider:
- Roof condition: How is your roof? Before you install rooftop solar panels in Ardeer, make sure the roof is in perfect condition.
- Roof angle: The ideal angle of the roof is angled as the latitude of the location of the property.
- Energy consumption: Unsure about the number of solar panels you need? Look into your previous energy bills to get your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that may impact the efficiency of your solar system in Ardeer, VIC. You can trim them down and your solar installer in Ardeer will also help find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Ardeer, VIC?
A solar battery in Ardeer, VIC will let you have power on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night. This is because you can store the energy generated by your solar panels in the battery.
- Energy independence: Almost everybody in the country wants to reduce their grid dependency and make their home fully self-sufficient. You can achieve these when you have a solar battery in Ardeer.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are rare in Ardeer, but they can be inconvenient when they happen. When you have a solar battery in Ardeer, like the Tesla Powerwall, you never have to worry about a blackout ever again.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Ardeer, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Ardeer
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Ardeer. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Ardeer solar panels
For a mid-range home in Ardeer, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.