On This Page
Ballina in New South Wales (NSW) was home to the Big Prawn and is a coastal town. The town boasts a diverse cultural landscape, as well as subtropical rainforests and world-class surf breaks. Aside from that, there is fresh and local produce.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Ballina*
Total Installed Capacity in Ballina (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Ballina, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Ballina, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Ballina
Around 27 per cent of households in Ballina have rooftop solar panels. So, if you’re thinking of making the switch, now is a great time to do it. Take advantage of the 4.8 hours of peak sun per day the sun receives, and you’ll definitely get the most out of your solar system.
Of course, you want to find a solar installer in Ballina that will consider your energy needs, budget, and personal preference. However, with the overwhelming number of solar installers in Ballina today, it can take time to make a decision.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they honour their warranties and are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
One thing to remember is that most solar installers in Ballina have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Hence, if you’re particular about the brand, take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6. kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
By getting a bigger solar system, you are better prepared for the impact of the fast-paced electrification in Australia on your future energy needs. A bigger solar system in Ballina will ensure you have the power to harness energy from the sun, especially when you plan to purchase an electric vehicle or a solar battery soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Ballina, NSW
Now is the best time to switch to solar energy in Ballina, especially with the growing number of solar installers today. The NSW government continues to make an effort to make solar power affordable today through solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Ballina can take advantage of solar energy through Swap for Solar. You can swap your Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. With this, you get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
When you have a solar system in Ballina, you can get STCs and trade them for a discount on the upfront installation cost of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Your energy retailer is the one who will provide your FiTs, which you’ll get when you export excess energy back into the grid.
The right solar system in Ballina
There are a few things to consider to ensure you get the right rooftop solar panels in Ballina today:
- Roof condition: It’s crucial that your roof is in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Ballina.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your Ballina property, know your average monthly energy consumption. You can do this by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees may cause shade that will impact the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Ballina will help you find the right spot for your rooftop PV panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Ballina, NSW?
When you have a home solar battery storage in Ballina, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. In turn, you have power on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: With a solar system in Ballina, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are rare in Ballina, but they can still happen. With a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, you can guarantee that you have power even during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Ballina
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Ballina solar panels
A mid-range home in Ballina can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Our professional solar installers Bathurst will assess and determine your energy needs. We customise a solar panel system in Byron Bay to fit the roof size of your properly, ensuring you receive the most suitable a solar panel system for your Norfolk Island home, meeting to property’s energy requirements.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.