On This Page
Bassendean is a suburb in the City of Stirling, Western Australia, Australia. The suburb is home to a mix of single-family homes and apartments. The suburb is also home to a number of parks and sporting facilities, including the Bassendean Oval and the Bassendean Tennis Club.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Bassendean*
Total Installed Capacity in Bassendean (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Bassendean, WA
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Bassendean, WA by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bassendean
Due to Australia’s expanding energy market, solar panels are now more widely available and more affordable than before. As of January 1st, 2023, there were solar systems installed in over 400,000 homes in Washington.
Finding the best solar installer in Bassendean should be your first step if you decide to switch to solar power.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers due to their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking out Bloombegr’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in WA have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
It’s also a good idea to buy a bigger solar system in Maylands as electrification goes at a supercharged pace. Eventually, this will impact your future energy needs, and a bigger rooftop solar system will prepare you for this. This will also save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Bassendean, WA
Without a state rebate, you may still make the most of your rooftop solar panels in Bassendean by utilizing federal rebates and incentives.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Owners of rooftop solar systems can exchange their STCs for a sizable discount on the upfront cost of their entire solar installation.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers are the ones who set the FiT rates and are provided when they export excess energy into the grid. The FiT will reflect as a discount on your energy bills.
The right solar system in Bassendean
You need to take into account the following crucial elements to maximize the effectiveness of your rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Bassendean. It is a great choice to hire a licensed roof inspector for this.
- Roof slope: Your Bassendean home’s roof should ideally slant at an angle that corresponds to its latitude.
- Energy usage: The amount of solar panels you require will depend on how much energy Bassendean residents typically use each month. Your prior energy invoices can provide you with this information.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade, which could lower the Bassendean rooftop solar panels’ efficiency. Your Bassendean solar installer will assist in locating the ideal location for your solar system.
Moreover, your solar installer in Bassendean will design a system perfect for your roof, ensuring you maximise the space.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Bassendean, WA?
Any additional energy produced by your Bassendean rooftop solar panels may be stored if you have a solar battery. You can therefore gain from it in the following ways:
- Energy independence: To obtain total energy independence and lessen your reliance on the grid, install a Bassendean solar battery.
- Blackout protection: Preventing blackouts is possible if you have a solar battery, such as the Tesla Powerwall in Bassendean which will ensure your house has power even when it goes dark.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Bassendean back to the grid.
The good news is that there are a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Bassendean, WA today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bassendean
Western Australia has subsidies in the form of a $59.1 million package, which includes $3,500 rebates for up to 10,000 buyers of new Battery-Electric vehicles (BEV) and Fuel-Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Additionally, there is a $22.6 million investment in infrastructure to support EVs.
Under this new package, the first 10,000 West Australians to buy a sub-$70,000 BEV or FCEV will get a $3,500 rebate from the WA government. The WA government also nominated a yearly fuel saving of $1,400 for the average motorist who switches from combustion power to a zero-emissions vehicle.
There is also a $4 million fund for the Public Transport Authority to trial the installation of EV charging infrastructure that will provide up to 20 bays per car park with commuter charging access at four key stations. The remainder of $2.9 million will be used to install eight new charging stations along National Highway 1. By 2027, WA will introduce a new distance-based road user charge of 2.5c per kilometre for BEV and FCEV.
Finally, the government offers a $200 rebate for home-charging an EV or plug-in hybrid as part of the WA’s Home Plan incentive.
With the WA Government’s continuous efforts to reach net zero, more EV models will be launched. Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier and more affordable to run and maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net-zero by 2050. You can be a part of this when you switch to an EV today.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bassendean solar panels
For a mid-range home in Bassendean, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.