On This Page
Beaconsfield in Victoria (VIC) carries a friendly and country feeling within its community. The suburb is fondly called “Beacy” by locals. It is close to everything, and there are also local shopping centres, highly-rated daycare facilities, and more. The streets are lined with beautiful trees on big blocks that make Beaconsfield a family-friendly suburb.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Beaconsfield*
Total Installed Capacity in Beaconsfield (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Beaconsfield, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Beaconsfield, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Beaconsfield
Now is the best time to switch to solar energy in Beaconsfield because of the rapid pace of electrification that’s sweeping all over Australia. This is bound to impact your future energy needs, and the Victorian Government has made solar power even more affordable. Acting on this renewable energy source is one of the best things you can do for your home in Beaconsfield, VIC and the environment.
Your first step here is to find a solar installer in Beaconsfield. There are many solar installers in Beaconsfield, which can be overwhelming for a first-timer. Don’t worry; you will definitely find a solar installer that will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget—all you need to do is know where to look.
And we made things a lot easier for you here at Energy Matters. To ensure that you get the right rooftop solar panels in Beaconsfield, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. They are known to produce higher-quality solar panels and honour their warranties. Also, they uphold excellent reputations.
Most solar installers in Beaconsfield have a preferred solar panel manufacturer, which is why you need to take the time to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We recommend getting a bigger solar system in Beaconsfield. This will prepare you for the changes in your energy needs soon enough. A bigger solar system in Beaconsfield will save you a lot of money and allows room for a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Beaconsfield, VIC
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Every Australian with a solar system on their properties is entitled to receive STCs that can be traded for cash. The amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected solar system output throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
If you are eligible for the Victoria Solar Homes program, you can get the following rebates:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
When you export excess energy back into the grid, your energy retailer will award you with FiTs. In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
You can get the highest FiTs during peak times, which is around 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Beaconsfield
Here are other important things to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Beaconsfield:
- Roof condition: Hiring a professional roof inspector is recommended because you must ensure your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Beaconsfield.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof should be angled as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home in Beaconsfield, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You will find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees and other structures on your property and surrounding area may cause shade. This can compromise the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Beaconsfield. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Beaconsfield will find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery n Beaconsfield, VIC?
When you have a solar battery in Beaconsfield, you can store energy generated by your solar panels. As a result, you will have power on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Beaconsfield, you reduce your reliance on the grid. This can even make your home fully self-sufficient and avoid the rising energy costs.
- Blackout protection: With a solar battery in Beaconsfield, you can protect your home and family from blackouts. The Tesla Powerwall is among the many solar batteries you can get today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Beaconsfield, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Beaconsfield
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Beaconsfield. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Beaconsfield solar panels
For a mid-range home in Beaconsfield, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.