On This Page
Belmont is a suburb in Victoria (VIC), which means “beautiful hill” and is part of the city of Greater Geelong. The suburb is one of Geelong’s oldest, biggest, and most popular suburbs. There are a lot of reserves and local sporting clubs in the area as well.
In considering sustainable choices for this scenic locale, exploring solar energy solutions could align seamlessly with the community’s commitment to environmental consciousness.
For those intrigued by the idea of harnessing solar power for their homes, obtaining FREE solar quotes from Energy Matters might offer valuable insights into the possibilities of a cleaner and more sustainable energy future.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Belmont*
Total Installed Capacity in Belmont (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Belmont, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Belmont, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Belmont
Currently, Belmont’s solar energy is booming, making now the perfect time to switch to solar. Your first step here is to find the right solar installer in Belmont.
There are many solar installers in Belmont, VIC, today, which can be overwhelming. Still, the right one will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget, leading you to the right rooftop solar panels for your Belmont property.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels and can honour their warranties.
To know who these manufacturers are, you can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
One thing to remember is that most Belmont solar installers have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. That’s why we highly encourage homeowners in Belmont to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in Victoria, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system initially is a good move to make the most out of your rooftop solar panels in Belmont. This is to make way for the fast-paced electrification that’s sweeping over the country, which will impact your future energy needs.
With a bigger solar system, you can save a lot of money. Also, a bigger solar system can accommodate your plans to buy a solar battery or an electric vehicle soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Belmont, VIC
The Victorian government continues to make solar systems cheaper to buy through solar rebates and incentives. What are the ones available for you in Belmont?
Small-scale Technology Certificates
STCs are given to all Australians with a solar system installed. You can trade STCs for cash. However, the amount of STCs you get will be based on the output of your solar system throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
If you’re eligible for the Victoria Solar Homes program, you can get a rebate for the following:
- Rooftop solar panels cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Hot water systems: $1,000
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer is the one who will provide you with FiTs. You get FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid.
There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiTs: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiTs: Applies different rates at different times of the day
To earn higher FiTs, you need to be mindful of the peak times. The peak times are around 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Belmont
Now, the next thing to do is to ensure that you consider these factors before installing rooftop solar panels in Belmont:
- Roof condition: The roof should be in perfect condition before rooftop solar panels are installed in Belmont.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Belmont, you need to get an idea of your average monthly energy consumption. You can look into your previous energy bills for this information.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may compromise the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer will help find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Belmont, VIC?
A solar battery in Belmont will allow you to store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. As a result, you will have power on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependence and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Belmont.
- Blackout protection: Many solar batteries are available in the market today, and when you have one, you can protect yourself from blackouts. The Tesla Powerwall is among the most reliable solar batteries you can get today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Belmont, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Belmont
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Belmont. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Belmont solar panels
For a mid-range home in Belmont, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.