On This Page
Berwick in Victoria is a mix of old and new—with the 19th-century English village look, some historic buildings, and the commercial centre right along High Street. There is also plenty of greenery here as gardens and parks will give you the tranquillity you seek outdoors.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Berwick*
Total Installed Capacity in Berwick (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Berwick, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Berwick, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Berwick
Solar is booming in Victoria, and many Berwick residents are now switching to solar. A growing number of homes have rooftop solar panels in Berwick. So, if you’re thinking of switching to renewable energy in Berwick, VIC, then you’re on the right track.
The first thing to do is to find the right solar installer in Berwick, Victoria. There are many solar installers in Berwick you can choose from, which can be overwhelming. And that’s what we’re here for.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. These are the manufacturers that are known to produce higher-quality solar panels and honour their warranties.
To know who these solar installers in Berwick are, you can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated yearly.
An important thing to note is that most solar installers in Berwick have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, it’s best you compare multiple quotes first if you’re particular about the brand.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria are equipped with 6.6 kW solar PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system initially. Electrification in Australia is at a supercharged pace that will impact your future energy needs. Preparing for this as early as now by getting a bigger solar system in Berwick will save you a lot more money.
Also, rooftop solar panels in Berwick will also accommodate your needs should you purchase an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Berwick, VIC
Similar to the states and territories in Australia, Victoria is also making efforts to make solar more affordable to homeowners and businesses through solar rebates and incentives.
Small-scale Technology Certificates
STCs are provided to all Aussies with a solar system installed on their properties. The STCs can be traded for cash; however, the amount of STCs you get will be based on the solar system output throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
If you’re eligible for the Victoria Solar Homes Program, you can get the following rebates:
- Solar panels cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Hot water systems: $1,000
Your energy retailer is the one who will provide your FiTs. You get FiTs in Berwick when you export excess energy back into the grid.
In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiTs: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-Varying FiTs: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
On weekdays, you can earn higher FiTs during peak times between 3 pm and 9 pm.
The right solar system in Berwick
Now that we have the solar rebates and incentives sorted out, it’s time to get your home’s right solar system in Berwick. You can do this by considering the several factors below:
- Roof condition: The roof must be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Berwick. Hiring a professional roof inspector is recommended to ensure the roof is in tip-top shape.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels in Berwick that you need, look into your previous energy bills. This will give you a clear idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may affect the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Berwick. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Berwick, VIC will help find the right spot for your solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Berwick, VIC?
A solar battery in Berwick will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. In turn, you will have power on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient when you have a solar battery in Berwick, VIC.
- Blackout protection: Many solar batteries are offered by various brands today. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the most reliable ones, and having one can protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Berwick, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Berwick
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Berwick. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Berwick solar panels
For a mid-range home in Berwick, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers in Melbourne now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.