On This Page
Braeside in Victoria (VIC) is an industrial suburb known for Braeside park, a reserve on the east side that takes over half of the suburb. The suburb has been greatly developed in the past years, making it one of the best suburbs in the City of Kingston government area.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Braeside*
Total Installed Capacity in Braeside (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Braeside, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Braeside, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Braeside
A growing number of Victorians are switching to solar energy, and Braeside is one of the suburbs that are catching up. If you’re one of the many ready to switch to solar in Braeside, you’ve come to the right place.
Your first step is to find the right solar installer in Braeside who will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
With the many solar installers in Braeside today, choosing the right one can be overwhelming. That’s why we recommend Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers here at Energy Matters because they produce higher-quality solar panels and honour their warranties.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
One thing to remember is that most solar installers in Braeside have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you’re particular about the brand, it’s essential to take the time to compare several quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend you get a bigger solar system in Braeside initially. This will help you be more prepared for the electrification in Australia that’s happening all over the world. This will also impact your future energy needs.
With a bigger solar system in Braeside, VIC, you can save more money in the long run. It also helps you have room for other renewable energy systems like solar batteries or electric vehicles.
Solar rebates and incentives in Braeside, VIC
Small-scale Technology Certificates
All Australians with a solar system installed are eligible to get STCs. These can be traded for cash; however, the amount of STCs you get will be based on the solar system output throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes program
Braeside, VIC residents who are eligible for the Victoria Solar Homes Program may get the following rebates:
- Solar panels cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Hot water systems: $1,000
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer will be the one to provide you FiTs. In Braeside, you can get FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid.
In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiTs: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiTs: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
You can earn higher FiTs during peak times between 3 pm and 9 pm.
The right solar system in Braeside
You should also consider a few vital factors before installing rooftop solar panels in Braeside. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Braeside.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels in Braeside you need, you need to get a clear idea of your monthly energy consumption on average. You can get this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may compromise the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Braeside. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Braeside will help find the right solar system for you.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Braeside, VIC?
A solar battery in Braeside will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. In turn, you’ll have power throughout the night, during blackouts or on overcast days.
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Braeside, VIC, you can reduce your grid dependency. You can even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: You can protect your home from blackouts with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Braeside, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Braeside
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Braeside. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Braeside solar panels
For a mid-range home in Braeside, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.