On This Page
Brooklyn in Victoria (VIC) is an industrial suburb with a small area of low-density residential homes. It’s a family-friendly suburb with parks and an excellent shopping centre. It is also close to Melbourne’s CBD, making it close to everything that you will ever need.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Brooklyn*
Total Installed Capacity in Brooklyn (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Brooklyn, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Brooklyn, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Brooklyn
More households and businesses in Victoria are switching to solar energy. In Brooklyn, many homeowners are installing rooftop solar panels. So, if you’re thinking of making the switch already, then you can use this time to take advantage of solar power.
The first thing to do is find the right solar installer in Brooklyn. There are many solar installers in Brooklyn, but the right one will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their excellent reputation, higher-quality solar panels, and they are known to honour their warranties.
You also need to remember that most solar installers in Brooklyn have a preferred solar panel manufacturer, which is why it’s vital to take the time to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system in Brooklyn is also a good idea. Electrification in Australia is going at a supercharged pace, impacting your future energy needs. When you have a bigger solar system now, you are prepared for this, and this will also accommodate renewable energy systems, such as a solar battery or electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Brooklyn, VIC
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are given to all Australians with solar systems on their properties. They can be traded for cash, but the amount will vary depending on the expected solar system output throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes program offers the following rebates:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
When you have a solar system, you can export excess energy back into the grid. Doing so will provide you with FiTs given by your energy retailer. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
You can get the highest FiTs during peak times, around 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Brooklyn
There are other things to be considered before installing rooftop solar panels in Brooklyn:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition when before installing rooftop solar panels in Brooklyn. It is helpful to hire a professional roof inspector for this.
- Roof angle: As much as possible, the roof should be angled as the latitude of the property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your property in Brooklyn, you should know your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees and other structures on your property and surrounding area may cause shade. As a result, this can compromise the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Brooklyn. One thing you can do is trim them down. Your solar installer in Brooklyn, VIC will also find the right spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Brooklyn, VIC?
A solar battery in Brooklyn will let you store energy generated by your solar panels. In turn, you will have power on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient when you have a solar battery in Brooklyn.
- Blackout protection: When you have a solar battery in Brooklyn, you are protected from blackouts. You can choose from many solar batteries today, such as the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Brooklyn, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Brooklyn
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Brooklyn. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Brooklyn solar panels
For a mid-range home in Brooklyn, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.