On This Page
Bundoora in Victoria (VIC) is a popular suburb for families because of the big houses and quiet streets in the area. There is also an abundance of green spaces and parks, such as the Bundoora Park, with Mount Cooper as its main star. Mount Cooper is Melbourne’s highest point and is a popular tourist attraction.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Bundoora*
Total Installed Capacity in Bundoora (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Bundoora, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Bundoora, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bundoora
If you’re planning to make the switch to solar in Bundoora, then you’re right one time. There is now a growing number of homeowners and business owners in Victoria that are taking advantage of renewable energy sources, and one of them is rooftop solar panels.
The first step here is to find the right solar installer in Bundoora. Working with a good solar installer in Bundoora, VIC, will ensure that your energy needs, personal preference, and budget will be met.
The thing is, it’s not THAT easy! Considering the many solar installers in Bundoora today, the whole process can be overwhelming. That’s why here at Energy Matters, we will help you find a solar installer that wills unit your needs.
We recommend Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher-quality solar panels and honour their warranties.
To know who they are, you can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
A good thing to remember is that most solar installers in Bundoora have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. If you’re particular about the brand, then you should take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Most homes in Victoria are equipped with 6.6 kW solar PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system in Bundoora initially will help ensure that you’re ready for the widespread electrification in Australia. You can save more money in the long run by getting a bigger solar system in Bundoora. This will also accommodate your future energy needs, especially when you have plans to buy a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Bundoora, VIC
Through solar rebates and incentives, Victoria continues to make solar affordable to homeowners and business owners. They are the following:
Small-scale Technology Certificates
All Australians with a solar system installed are eligible to get STCs. These can be traded for cash; however, the amount of STCs you get will be based on the solar system output throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Bundoora residents who are eligible for the program may get the following rebates:
- Solar panels cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Hot water systems: $1,000
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
It is your energy retailer who will provide you FiTs. In Bundoora, you can get FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid.
Here in Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiTs: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiTs: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
You can gain higher FiTs during peak times between 3 pm and 9 pm.
The right solar system in Bundoora
There are a few important things to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Bundoora, VIC today. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Bundoora.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels in Bundoora that you need, know your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may affect the efficiency of your solar system in Bundoora. An effective thing you can do is trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Bundoora will help find the right location for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Bundoora, VIC?
When you have a solar battery in Bundoora, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. With this, you can have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Bundoora, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: You can protect your home from blackouts when you get a solar battery in Bundoora, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Bundoora, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bundoora
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Bundoora. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bundoora solar panels
For a mid-range home in Bundoora, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.