On This Page
Burnley is an inner-city suburb in Victoria (VIC) with many historic small homes set on narrow streets. Three major parks here provide the perfect balance amid the diverse range of architecture around town.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Burnley*
Total Installed Capacity in Burnley (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Burnley, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Burnley, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Burnley
Similar to most states in Australia, Victoria is pushing forward towards its commitment to renewable energy. The Clean Energy Regulator (CER) indicated that over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed in the state by the beginning of 2023.
The Victorian government continues to work to make renewable energy sources accessible, affordable, and widely available to homeowners and business owners today.
So, if you’re considering switching to solar, now is the perfect time to do it. Your first step is to find a solar installer in Burnley suited to your preference, budget, and energy needs. With so many solar installers in Burnley, the process can be overwhelming. Don’t worry; we’re here to help.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. These are manufacturers with high bankability who can truly honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Keep in mind that most solar installers in Burnley have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. That’s why taking your time to compare manufacturers and installers is vital to the process.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have rooftop solar panels with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also suggest sizing up where possible. A bigger solar system will bring significant cost savings in the long run. As electrification sweeps across the country, everybody’s energy needs will change.
Getting a bigger solar system in Burnley when it’s cheap and accessible makes a lot of economic sense. Also, with the emergence of solar batteries and electric vehicles, a bigger solar system is a game-changer that will yield higher returns.
Solar rebates and incentives in Burnley, VIC
The Victorian government makes solar energy irresistible with rebates and incentives. They are the following:
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victorian government provides a generous subsidy on solar power systems across the state. This program aims to see a total of a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years.
Under the Victoria Solar Homes Program, eligible homeowners can get the following rebates:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are widely available to Australias in all states and territories with installed solar systems. They can be traded in exchange for cash and used as a discount on the upfront installation of your solar system. The amount of STCs will vary on the expected output of your system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
When you export excess energy into the grid, your energy retailer will award you with FiTs. The FiT rates vary depending on your energy retailer. In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiTs: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
To earn the highest FiTs, be mindful of the peak times between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Burnley
There are a few things to consider before you install rooftop solar panels in Burnley, VIC:
- Roof condition: The roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Burnely.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof is angled as the latitude of the home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Determine the number of solar panels you need by knowing your average monthly energy consumption. You can refer to your previous energy bills for this information.
- Surrounding shade: Shade, usually caused by trees surrounding your home in Burnley, may compromise the efficiency of your solar system. Trimming them down will help, whilst your solar installer in Burnley will help you find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Burnley, VIC?
A solar battery in Burnley will allow you to store energy generated by your solar panels. With this, you can have solar power anytime you want.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Burnley. This will also make your home fully self-sufficient and reduce energy bills.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are rare in Burnley, but it’s best to be prepared. Like the Tesla Powerwall, a solar battery will protect you from a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Burnley, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Burnley
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Burnley. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Burnley solar panels
For a mid-range home in Burnley, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.