On This Page
Burnside, VIC nestled in Melbourne’s west, exudes a laid-back suburban charm that residents love. With a mix of residential streets and pockets of greenery, this neighbourhood offers a pleasant escape from the hustle and bustle. You’ll find a diverse community, with families enjoying the local parks and schools, and a friendly atmosphere that permeates the area.
Convenience is the name of the game here, as Burnside boasts easy access to shopping centres like Watergardens Town Centre, ensuring you’re never too far from your daily necessities. Plus, the nearby public transportation options make commuting a breeze.
For those interested in sustainable living, consider exploring solar energy options tailored to your home. Energy Matters provides FREE solar quotes that can seamlessly integrate into your Burnside lifestyle, offering an eco-friendly solution without compromising the neighbourhood’s laid-back vibe.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Burnside*
Total Installed Capacity in Burnside (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Burnside, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Burnside, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Burnside
In Burnside, solar energy has been more widely available. The Victorian government is always striving to make renewable energy sources more appealing and easily accessible.
According to study conducted by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), the state will have more than 650,000 small-scale solar systems installed by the beginning of 2023.
This illustrates the benefits of switching to solar energy right now. Finding the best solar installer in Burnside has to be your top priority.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Rosedale. They have high bankability and can honour their warranties. Also, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria come with a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Consider getting a bigger solar system in Ararat now because of the electrification that’s sweeping across the country. A bigger solar system will lead to cost savings and will prepare you for the impact of electrification on your future energy needs.
Solar rebates and incentives in Burnside, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The goal of the Victoria Solar Homes Program is to equip one million homes with rooftop solar panels over a ten-year period. Those homeowners who qualify for this incentive can save expenses dramatically by:
- Solar panels: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar water heaters: $1,000
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians who install rooftop solar systems can get STCs, a sort of rebate, to help with the upfront installation costs. The number of STCs is influenced by the system’s expected lifetime output.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide FiTs when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to be mindful of peak times, which are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Burnside
When installing rooftop solar panels in Burnside, there are a number of crucial factors to take into account:
- Roof condition: Your Burnside roof should be in superb condition prior to the installation of rooftop solar panels.
- Roof angle: The angle that your solar panels are pointed in the direction of should match or be parallel to the latitude at where your home is located.
- Energy consumption: To estimate the number of solar panels you’ll need, look over your most recent energy bills in Burnside. You may compute your monthly energy usage using this method.
- Shadow cast by nearby trees: Trees shadow your property more than they should, which might lessen the efficiency of the solar panels. Your Burnsides solar installer can help you determine the ideal location for your solar system.
Do you need a solar battery in Burnside, VIC?
The energy generated by your rooftop solar panels may be stored in a Burnside solar battery to provide the following benefits:
- Energy independence: By installing a solar battery in Burnside, you may be able to entirely disconnect from the grid or use your home less frequently.
- Protection from blackouts: To aid inhabitants in securing their houses against blackouts, Burnside has created a number of batteries, most famously the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Burnside, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Burnside
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Alexandra. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-powered vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Burnside solar panels
For a mid-range home in Burnside, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.