On This Page
Butler in Western Australia (WA) is packed with many shopping centres and schools. It is also close to the beach, and there is a park on almost every corner.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Butler*
Total Installed Capacity in Butler (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Butler, WA
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Butler, WA by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Butler
Australia’s energy sector is booming, making solar systems more accessible and affordable than ever. Over 400,000 homes had installed solar systems in WA at the start of January 2023.
Now is a great time to start your solar journey. It’s essential to find the right solar system for your property, and to do this, you need to find a solar installer in Butler first.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers due to their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking out Bloombegr’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in WA have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
It’s also a good idea to buy a bigger solar system in Butler as electrification goes at a supercharged pace. Eventually, this will impact your future energy needs, and a bigger rooftop solar system will prepare you for this. This will also save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Butler, WA
There is no available state rebate, but there are nationwide solar rebates and incentives you can take advantage of to get the most out of rooftop solar panels in Butler.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with rooftop solar systems can get STCs that can be exchanged for a significant discount on the upfront cost of their overall solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers are the ones who set the FiT rates and are provided when they export excess energy into the grid. The FiT will reflect as a discount on your energy bills.
The right solar system in Butler
To get the most out of your rooftop solar panels, there are a few things to consider first:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels in Butler, your roof should be in excellent condition. Hiring a professional roof inspector is a good idea for this.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location in Butler.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Butler, you need to get your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this in your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Butler. Your solar installer in Butler will help you find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Moreover, your solar installer in Butler will design a system perfect for your roof, ensuring you maximise the space.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Butler?
When you have a solar battery in Butler, you can store excess energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. With this, you can get the benefits below:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Butler.
- Blackout protection: With a solar battery in Butler, like the Tesla Powerwall, you can have power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money and gain credits for sharing the stored power in your solar battery in Heathridge.
Today, you can choose from many brands and types of solar batteries in Butler.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Butler
Western Australia has subsidies in the form of a $59.1 million package, which includes $3,500 rebates for up to 10,000 buyers of new Battery-Electric vehicles (BEV) and Fuel-Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Additionally, there is a $22.6 million investment in infrastructure to support EVs.
Under this new package, the first 10,000 West Australians to buy a sub-$70,000 BEV or FCEV will get a $3,500 rebate from the WA government. The WA government also nominated a yearly fuel saving of $1,400 for the average motorist who switches from combustion power to a zero-emissions vehicle.
There is also a $4 million fund for the Public Transport Authority to trial the installation of EV charging infrastructure that will provide up to 20 bays per car park with commuter charging access at four key stations. The remainder of $2.9 million will be used to install eight new charging stations along National Highway 1. By 2027, WA will introduce a new distance-based road user charge of 2.5c per kilometre for BEV and FCEV.
Finally, the government offers a $200 rebate for home-charging an EV or plug-in hybrid as part of the WA’s Home Plan incentive.
With the WA Government’s continuous efforts to reach net zero, more EV models will be launched. Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier and more affordable to run and maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net-zero by 2050. You can be a part of this when you switch to an EV today.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Butler solar panels
The return on investment for a mid-range home in Butler is around two to six years. Still, this will depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Nonetheless, the more you consume solar, the more you save on energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.