On This Page
There’s something for everyone here in Campbelltown, New South Wales (NSW). Here you will find the biggest botanic garden in the country—the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan. You can also immerse yourself in contemporary art, along with indigenous and colonial heritage in Campbelltown.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Campbelltown*
Total Installed Capacity in Campbelltown (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Campbelltown, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Campbelltown, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Campbelltown
Residents in Campbelltown are now making a step towards renewable energy. In fact, around 15 per cent of homes here have rooftop solar panels in Campbelltown. Hence, if you want to switch to solar energy, now is a perfect time and make the most out of the 4.8 hours of peak sun per day that the area receives.
The first step here is to find a solar installer in Campbelltown. Working with the right solar installer in Campbelltown will ensure a solar system that suits your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. However, it can be overwhelming, especially for first-timers, because of the many solar installers in Campbelltown to choose from.
That’s why Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. They are the ones who will honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list to find out who they are. In addition, the list is updated every year.
It’s also important to note that most solar installers in Campbelltown have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Therefore, taking the time to compare multiple quotes is best.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6. kW with a 5 kW inverter. The good news is, you can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Another thing is to consider getting a bigger solar system due to the fast-paced electrification in the country today. You are more prepared when you have a bigger solar system in Campbelltown, as it will better accommodate your future energy needs. It’s also an excellent idea when you have plans to buy a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Campbelltown, NSW
Swap for Solar
Those who can’t afford a solar system in Campbelltown may be eligible for a Swap for Solar. This enables low-income households in Campbelltown to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. This will provide free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
If you have a solar system in Australia, you are entitled to get STCs. However, the value of an STC will depend on the supply and demand in the market.
Every solar PV system is assigned a specific amount of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When you export excess energy back into the grid, you are entitled to receive FiTs from your energy retailer. Hence, it is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Campbelltown
There are a few things to consider to help you get the best solar system in Campbelltown. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in excellent condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Campbelltown.
- Roof angle: Ideally, your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To get a clear idea of the number of solar panels in Campbelltown you need, look into your previous energy bills, which will reflect your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, impacting the efficiency of your solar panels in Campbelltown, NSW. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer will also help find the perfect spot for your solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Campbelltown, NSW?
Home battery storage will let you store energy generated by your solar panels in Campbelltown. As a result, you have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Aside from that, you also get to reap the benefits below:
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Campbelltown, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Campbelltown, NSW are rare, but they can be inconvenient when they happen. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, will ensure you have power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
There are many brands and types of solar batteries you can choose from in Campbelltown, NSW, today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Campbelltown
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Campbelltown solar panels
A mid-range home in Campbelltown can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Get rooftop solar panels in Camden. Energy Matters has a nationwide network of trusted local solar installers in Lismore that you can access today that can provide you with up to 3 Free Solar Quotes. Complete our quick quiz and switch to solar in Suffolk Park today.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.