On This Page
Camden in New South Wales (NSW) is where most research facilities for agricultural and veterinary schools are located. Despite the big housing developments, there are still many historic buildings here.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Camden*
Total Installed Capacity in Camden (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Camden, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Camden, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Camden
Around 17 per cent of households in Camden have rooftop solar panels installed, as the area receives 4.8 hours of peak sun per day.
Before you switch to rooftop solar panels in Camden, you need to find a solar installer first. A good solar installer in Camden will ensure you have the right solar system based on your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Keep in mind most solar installers in Camden have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you have a specific brand in mind, it will be best to take the time to shop around.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they can honour their warranties. In addition to this, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 Solar PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter. We recommend buying a bigger solar system initially to prepare for further electrification that is taking place in Australia.
With a bigger solar system in Camden, you are better prepared for your future energy needs. This is also an excellent idea when you purchase an electric vehicle or a solar battery for your home in Camden, NSW.
Solar rebates and incentives in Camden, NSW
The NSW government continues to make solar energy more affordable. Here are some of the solar rebates and incentives in Camden, NSW:
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Camden may be eligible for Swap for Solar, which will help reduce energy bills. You only need to swap your Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Those who are not eligible for Swap for Solar may get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. With this, they will get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades of up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to households and businesses with renewable energy systems. An STC’s value will depend on the supply and demand in the market.
With that, every solar system in Camden is assigned a specific number of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers provide those who export excess energy back into the grid with FiTs. Hence, it is your energy retailer that will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Camden
There are several factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Camden today. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in perfect condition before rooftop solar panels are installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need in Camden, look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will help you get a clear idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, which may impact the efficiency of your solar panels. Trimming them down is helpful, whilst your solar installer in Camden will find the best spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Camden, NSW?
When you have a solar battery in Camden, you will be able to store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. So, you will have energy throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Below are the other benefits of a solar battery in Camden, NSW:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency if you have a solar battery in Camden. Additionally, you can make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Camden, but when they do, they can be inconvenient. With a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, you get to have power during a blackout still.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will let you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Camden
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligibles EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Camden solar panels
A mid-range home in Camden can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Our professional solar installers Forbes will assess and determine your energy needs. We customise a solar panel system in Lismore to fit the roof size of your properly, ensuring you receive the most suitable a solar panel system for your Picton home, meeting to property’s energy requirements.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.