On This Page
Known for its heritage buildings and beautiful river banks, Forbes in New South Wales (NSW) is a sight to behold. It’s an elegant town and is famous for its bushranger, Ben Hall. There are also great and affordable homes here in a friendly community.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Forbes*
Total Installed Capacity in Forbes (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Forbes, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Forbes, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Forbes
Around 14 per cent of households in Forbes have rooftop solar panels due to the 4.8 hours of peak sun per day that the town receives. So, if you’re looking to switch to solar energy, the first step is to find a solar installer.
A good solar installer in Forbes, NSW, will help you find the right solar system based on your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. However, most solar installers in Forbes have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. If you are particular about the brand, then it will be best to shop around for multiple quotes first.
Energy Matters recommends choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are financially stable and can honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 Solar PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
An average home in NSW is outfitted with a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system to keep up with the fast-paced electrification in Australia. With a bigger solar system, you can be more prepared for its impact on your future energy needs. It’s also an excellent idea if you have plans to get a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Forbes, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Forbes may be eligible for a Swap for Solar. If you’re eligible, you can swap your Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
On the other hand, those who are not eligible for Swap for Solar may get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. In turn, they will get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades of up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to households and businesses with renewable energy systems. Keep in mind that the value of an STC will depend on the supply and demand in the market.
Every solar system in Forbes is assigned a specific number of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers are the ones who provide FiTs to households that export excess energy back into the grid. It is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Forbes
There are several factors to consider to ensure you have the right rooftop solar panels in Forbes today. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in perfect condition before your rooftop solar panels are installed in Forbes.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Forbes, look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will give you an idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or structures may cause shade, which may impact the efficiency of your solar system in Forbes. The trees may be trimmed down, whilst your solar installer in Forbes may help find the right position for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Forbes, NSW?
A solar battery in Forbes will allow you to store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. When you have a solar battery in Forbes, you’ll have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Below are the other benefits you can get when you have a solar battery in Forbes, NSW:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Forbes, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Forbes, but when they do, they can be inconvenient. With a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, you can still have power even if there’s a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Forbes
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligibles EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Forbes solar panels
A mid-range home in Forbes can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Now is the right time to switch to Ewingsdale solar energy. We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and selecting the right solar installer Lightning Ridge whom you can trust. With this, you can guarantee a solar system in Lithgow that meets your energy needs.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.