On This Page
Coburg in Victoria (VIC) is a suburb that prides itself on its cultural diversity. The suburb’s local street and music festivals, the selection of cafes, restaurants, grocery shops, and more, you’ll find a lot of things from all over the world here.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Coburg*
Total Installed Capacity in Coburg (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Coburg, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Coburg, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Coburg
The Victorian Government continues to make solar power accessible and available in the state. One of the driving factors is also the government’s rebates that have pushed many homeowners and business owners to switch to solar. According to the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed across the state by the start of 2023.
This makes now the best time to start your solar journey. Your first step is to find a solar installer in Coburg. With many solar installers in Coburg to choose from, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. That’s why we’re here to help ensure your transition to solar goes as smoothly as possible.
We recommend Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. You want manufacturers who can honour their warranties. With the high bankability of those who fall under this category, you’re guaranteed they’ll be in the industry for 25 years and beyond. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
It’s worth considering getting a bigger solar system now, whilst prices are low for solar panels in Coburg. As electrification speeds up across the country, along with the emergence of other solar technologies, such as solar batteries and electric vehicles, it makes a lot of sense to gear up for its impact.
Electrification in Australia will impact everybody’s future energy needs, and a bigger solar system makes economic sense. You can expect significant cost savings and bigger returns.
Solar rebates and incentives in Coburg, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes Program offers subsidies on solar power systems with the aim to see a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years. Those who are eligible may get the following rebates:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available to all homeowners with solar systems on their properties. They can be traded in exchange for a discount on the upfront installation of the solar system. The amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected output of the system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
When you export excess energy into the grid, your energy retailer will award you with FiTs. There are two types of FiTs in the state:
- Single-rate FiTs: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiTs: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
FiTs vary depending on the energy retailer. You can take advantage of higher FiT rates by being mindful of the peak times. Typically, peak times are between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Coburg
Before installing rooftop solar panels in Coburg, there are a few things to consider. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Coburg.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof’s angle should be the same as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. Look into your previous energy bills to find this information.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that could affect the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Coburg. Trimming them will help, whilst your solar installer in Coburg will help find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Coburg, VIC?
There are more solar batteries on the market today, and with a solar battery in Coburg, you can store excess energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Below are some of the benefits that you can get when you invest in a solar battery in Coburg:
- Energy independence: You no longer have to rely on the grid when you have a solar battery. This will also make your home fully self-sufficient, leading to significant cost savings.
- Blackout protection: Don’t worry about blackouts in Coburg. The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries that will protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Coburg, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Coburg
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Coburg. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Coburg solar panels
For a mid-range home in Coburg, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers in Melbourne now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.