On This Page
A major commercial and industrial area, Dandenong is a suburb in Victoria (VIC) with major shopping facilities. It is also home to Melbourne’s only recognised Afghan and Indian precincts.
Dandenong is also an excellent location for exploring the nearby suburbs and amenities – including Fountain Gate Shopping Centre. While similar in name, Dandenong is not to be confused with the forests of the Dandenong Ranges.
For environmentally-conscious residents looking to harness the abundant sunlight in this dynamic locale, consider exploring solar options. Energy Matters offers free solar quotes to help you make decisions tailored to your needs, seamlessly integrating sustainability into the rich tapestry of Dandenong’s diverse offerings.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Dandenong*
Total Installed Capacity in Dandenong (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Dandenong, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Dandenong, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Dandenong
Now is the best time to switch to solar in Dandenong. Why? One, the Victorian Government provides subsidies for homeowners with solar systems across the state; thus, this makes solar energy more affordable.
Second, the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) released a report that over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed in Victoria by the start of 2023.
Third, finding a solar installer in Dandenong today is easy. With many solar installers in Dandenong to choose from, you’ll find someone that will suit your personal preference, energy needs, and budget. All it takes is to know where to look.
Energy Matters recommends Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. Their financial stability guarantees that they will be in the industry for 25 years and beyond—long enough to ensure they can honour their warranties. Plus, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system as early as now is also smart. Electrification across the country can be felt, and sooner or later, its impacts on our energy needs will be significant. By getting a bigger solar system than now, you can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Dandenong, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
As mentioned, the Victorian government offers subsidies to households with solar systems. The Victoria Solar Homes Program does this with the mission to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years. If you’re eligible, you can get the following:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available to all homeowners with solar systems. You can trade them in exchange for a discount on the upfront installation of your solar system. The amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected output of the system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers reward homeowners who export excess energy into the grid through FiTs. In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiTs: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiTs: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
FiTs vary depending on your energy retailer. To ensure you get high FiT rates, know the peak times. Typically, the peak times are between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Dandenong
Installing rooftop solar panels in Dandenong is a process, and there are a few important things to consider:
- Roof condition: The roof should be in its best condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Dandenong.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the best angle for your rooftop solar panels is the angle that follows or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need in Dandenong, look into your previous energy bills. Here you will find your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Shade, often caused by trees on the property, can impact the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim them, whilst your solar installer in Dandenong will help you find the perfect spot for the rooftop solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Dandenong, VIC?
Solar batteries are all over Australia today as new technologies are being introduced and integrated. With a solar battery in Dandenong, you can store excess energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Other benefits are as follows:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Dandenong. You can even make your home fully self-sufficient, leading to more savings.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Dandenong. Still, a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, can protect you from a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Dandenong, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Dandenong
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Dandenong. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Dandenong solar panels
For a mid-range home in Dandenong, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers in Melbourne now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.