On This Page
Doncaster East in Victoria (VIC) is known as a green and clean suburb with many outdoor spaces for everybody. There is reliable public transport, as well as schools and other amenities. You will also find a good selection of restaurants and cafes in the suburb.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Doncaster East*
Total Installed Capacity in Doncaster East (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Doncaster East, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Doncaster East, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Doncaster East
Switching to solar in Doncaster East is one of the best decisions you will ever make. Renewable energy sources are more affordable, accessible, and widely available now because the Victorian Government makes it that way.
The Clean Energy Regulator (CER) also released a recent report that states over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed in VIC by the start of 2023.
As homeowners and business owners make the switch, it’s time that you do as well. Look for a solar installer in Doncaster East that will suit your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. Fortunately, there are many solar installers in Doncaster East you can choose from today.
We’ll make it easier for you. Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, ensuring your warranties will be honoured. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system from the start. Now that you plan to invest in a solar system getting a bigger one will go a long way as electrification in the country runs at a supercharged pace. Your energy needs will change, and you can prepare for that by getting a bigger solar system now.
With a bigger rooftop solar system in Doncaster East, you get to save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Doncaster East, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victorian Government provides eligible homeowners subsidies under the Victoria Solar Homes Program. Its goal is to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years. Those eligible may get the following:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available to homeowners with solar systems. They can be used as a discount on the upfront installation of the solar system. The amount of STCs varies depending on the expected output of the system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers are the ones who provide FiTs to homeowners who export excess energy into the grid. In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiTs: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiTs: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
FiTs vary based on your entry retailer. To get the highest FiT rates, be mindful of the peak times. The peak times are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Doncaster East
Before you install rooftop solar panels in Doncaster East, there are a few important things to consider:
- Roof condition: It’s important your roof is in excellent condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Doncaster East.
- Roof angle: The best angle for your rooftop solar panels is the angle that follows or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Get your average monthly energy consumption by looking into your previous energy bills. Doing so will help you determine the number of solar panels you need for your home.
- Surrounding shade: Shade due to the trees may affect the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Doncaster East. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Doncaster East will help you find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Doncaster East, VIC?
A solar battery in Doncaster Easy will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. You can also enjoy the other benefits below:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Doncaster East. This will even make your home fully self-sufficient, leading to more savings.
- Blackout protection: Protect your home from blackouts with a solar battery in Doncaster East. The Tesla Powerwall is among the many solar batteries you can choose from.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Dandenong, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Doncaster East
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Doncaster East. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Doncaster East solar panels
For a mid-range home in Doncaster East, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.