On This Page
Donnybrook in Victoria (VIC) is a new suburb that is set to flourish in the years to come. There are a growing number of families settling in the suburb.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Donnybrook*
Total Installed Capacity in Donnybrook (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Donnybrook, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Donnybrook, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Donnybrook
With the influx of renewable energy sources across the state, switching to solar now in Donnybrook is an excellent idea. The Victorian Government provides subsidies for homeowners and business owners installing solar systems. Thus, solar energy is even more accessible and affordable today.
The Clean Energy Regulator (CER) also released a recent report that revealed over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed across the state by the start of 2023.
Your first step in your solar journey is to find a solar installer in Donnybrook. You want a solar installer in Donnybrook who will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. However, with the many solar installers in Donnybrook today, finding the right one may be overwhelming.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, ensuring warranties will be honoured. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system initially. As electrification speeds up in the country, your energy needs are bound to change. You can be better prepared for this when you have a bigger solar system installed in Donnybrook.
Solar rebates and incentives in Donnybrook, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victorian Government offers eligible homeowners subsidies under the Victoria Solar Homes Program. Its goal is to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years. The subsidies are:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are given to all homeowners with solar systems, and they can be traded for a discount on the upfront installation of the solar system. The amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected output of your system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are provided by energy retailers to homeowners who export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
You want to get the highest FiT rates, so you need to know the peak times. Peak times are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Donnybrook
There are a few important things to consider before you install rooftop solar panels in Donnybrook. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in the best condition before rooftop solar panels in Donnybrook are installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the rooftop solar panels follows or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home in Donnybrook, get your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Donnybrook. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Donnybrook will find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Donnybrook, VIC?
When you have a solar battery in Donnybrook, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Then, you can enjoy more benefits, such as:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Donnybrook. With this, you can even make your home fully self-sufficient, leading to more savings.
- Blackout protection: With a solar battery in Donnybrook, you never have to worry about a blackout ever again. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, can protect you from a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Dandenong, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Donnybrook
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Donnybrook. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Donnybrook solar panels
For a mid-range home in Donnybrook, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.