On This Page
Endeavour Hills in Victoria (VIC) is a residential suburb with many green spaces, and homes are built on steep land blocks that provide great views of the surrounding suburbs.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Endeavour Hills*
Total Installed Capacity in Endeavour Hills (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Endeavour Hills, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Endeavour Hills, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Endeavour Hills
Tap into solar power in Endeavour Hills as the Victorian Government creates ways to make renewable energy sources widely accessible and affordable to homeowners and business owners today.
In fact, the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) released a recent report that revealed over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed across Victoria by the beginning of 2023.
This makes it the best time to switch to solar. Your first step? Find a solar installer in Endeavour Hills. With the many solar installers in Endeavour Hills today, finding the right one suitable to your energy needs, personal preference, and budget may be challenging.
That’s why here at Energy Matters, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. These are the manufacturers that have an excellent reputation for their high bankability, which enables them to honour their warranties. In addition, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a rooftop solar system with 6.6. kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system initially is a great idea considering the electrification that’s taking over the nation. Your energy needs are bound to change and you’ll be better prepared for it with a bigger solar system. Additionally, you can save more money in the long run when you purchase a bigger solar system in Endeavour Hills.
Solar rebates and incentives in Endeavour Hills, VIC
As mentioned, the Victorian government is continuously making efforts for solar energy to accessible and affordable to its residents.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victorian Government provides subsidies under the Victoria Solar Homes Program to eligible homeowners. The program aims to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years. They are:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided to all homeowners with solar systems. These can be traded for a discount on the upfront installation of your rooftop solar panels. The amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected output of your system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers provide FiTs to homeowners who export excess energy into the good. In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
To get the highest FiT rates, you need to be aware of the peak times. The peak times are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Endeavour Hills
You need to consider a few important things before installing rooftop solar panels in Endeavour Hills. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Endeavour Hills.
- Roof angle: The angle of your solar panels should follow or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels for your home, you need to get your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees surrounding your property may cause shade that could compromise the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Endeavour Hills. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Endeavour Hills will find the right spot for your rooftop solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Endeavour Hills, VIC?
A solar battery in Endeavour Hills will let you store solar energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Aside from this, you can enjoy the benefits below:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency when you have a solar battery in Endeavour Hills. In fact, you can even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries you can get today that protect your Endeavour Hills home from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Dandenong, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Endeavour Hills
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Endeavour Hills. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Endeavour Hills solar panels
For a mid-range home in Endeavour Hills, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.