On This Page
Footscray in Victoria (VIC) is a small suburb that is being revitalised, driven by the arrival of young residents, along with a thriving food and cultural scene. The area is a hub for Australian film and TV, galleries, and dance studios.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Footscray*
Total Installed Capacity in Footscray (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Footscray, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Footscray, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Footscray
Victoria continues to thrive in the solar market because of the growing number of homeowners and business owners who are taking advantage of renewable energy sources. This is all possible because of the Victorian Government’s efforts to make renewable energy sources accessible and affordable to everyone.
According to the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed across the state by the start of 2023. This only shows the strong commitment of many people to switch to solar energy.
If you’re thinking of starting your solar journey, now is the perfect time you take that step. Choose a solar installer in Footscray who is well-suited to your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. Indeed, there are many solar installers in Footscray, making the process of choosing the right one overwhelming. We’re here to make things easier.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. Due to their high bankability, you can guarantee your warranties will be honoured. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a rooftop solar system with 6.6. kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend you get a bigger solar system initially. This is to prepare for the impact of electrification on your energy needs. At the same time, a bigger solar system will save you more money in the long run, especially now that it’s still very affordable.
Solar rebates and incentives in Footscray, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes Program provides subsidies to eligible homeowners. Its mission is to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years. The subsidies are:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with solar systems installed on their property are entitled to receive STCs. They can be used to get a huge discount on the upfront installation of rooftop solar panels. However, the amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected output of your system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer will be the one to provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
You want to get the highest FiT rates possible, which is why you need to be mindful of the peak times. The peak times are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Footscray
There are a few important things to consider before you install rooftop solar panels in Footscray. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in its best condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Footscray.
- Roof angle: The angle of the solar panels should follow or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding Shade: Trees surrounding your property may cause shade. Shade can be detrimental to the efficiency of your solar system, which is why you should trim them down. Your solar installer in Footscray will also help you find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Footscray, VIC?
A solar battery in Footscray will let you store solar energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Aside from this, you can enjoy the benefits below:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency when you have a solar battery in Footscray. In fact, you can even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries you can get today that protect your Footscray home from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Dandenong, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Footscray
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Footscray. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Footscray solar panels
For a mid-range home in Footscray, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.