On This Page
Frankston in Victoria (VIC) is the perfect coastal escape with its pristine beaches and nature. Living in the suburb is indeed, a paradise. The suburb is often referred to as the “gateway to the Mornington Peninsula.”
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Frankston*
Total Installed Capacity in Frankston (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Frankston, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Frankston, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Frankston
Switching to solar is one of the best things you can do today, and you won’t get disappointed in Victoria. The state continues to make solar affordable and widely accessible to homeowners and business owners by providing subsidies.
What’s more, a recent report from the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) shows that over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed across the state by the start of 2023.
So, this makes it the best time to start your solar journey. Your first step is to find the right solar installer in Frankston. Fortunately, there are many solar installers in Frankston to choose from and we will help you find the right one best suited to your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
We recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are the ones who can honour warranties due to their high bankability. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system initially is also an excellent idea because this will let you save more money in the long run. Considering the rapid pace of electrification sweeping across the country, your energy needs will change, and a bigger solar system allows you to be prepared for this.
Solar rebates and incentives in Frankston, VIC
Under the Victoria Solar Homes Program, eligible homeowners can get subsidies for renewable energy sources. The program’s goal is to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years.
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with solar systems installed on their properties are eligible to receive STCs. STCs can be used for a huge discount on the upfront installation costs of rooftop solar panels. The amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected output of your system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
It is your energy retailer who will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
Be mindful of the peak times to get the highest FiT rates. The peak times are usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Frankston
You need to consider a few things before installing rooftop solar panels in Frankston, VIC:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Frankston. Consider hiring a professional roof inspector for this job.
- Roof angle: The angle of your solar panels should follow or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your Frankston home, look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will provide you information on your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees surrounding your property may cause shade that can affect the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Frankston. You can trim them down, and your solar installer in Frankston will help you find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Frankston, VIC?
When you have a solar battery in Frankston, you can store the energy your rooftop solar panels generate. Other benefits include:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Frankston, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Frankston, but they can be inconvenient when they do. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, can protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Frankston, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Frankston, VIC
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Frankston. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Frankston solar panels
For a mid-range home in Frankston, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.