On This Page
Geraldton in Western Australia (WA) is a seaside town with beautiful pink lakes, cultural trails, and the rock lobster that you should definitely try. The biggest town in the north of Perth receives an average of eight hours of sunshine per day.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Geraldton*
Total Installed Capacity in Geraldton (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Geraldton, WA
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Geraldton, WA by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Geraldton
With that amount of sunshine, it’s no wonder households here are switching to solar. There is a growing number of households with rooftop solar panels installed in their homes. Finding the right solar installer in Geraldton is your first step towards renewable energy.
With the right solar installer, they will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher-quality solar panels and can honour their warranties.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Remember, most solar installers in Geraldton have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. This is why we encourage you to take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in WA have 6.6 kW PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Another thing we recommend is getting a bigger solar system in Geraldton initially. This is due to the electrification in Australia that is happening at a supercharged pace. With a bigger solar system, rest assured that you’re prepared for the impact of the electrification on your future energy needs. In addition, this is an excellent idea if you plan to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Geraldton, WA
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Households and businesses with renewable energy sources are eligible to receive STCs. They can be traded in exchange for a huge discount on the upfront cost of your solar system in Geraldton.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are provided to homeowners for every kWh of energy your solar system exports back into the grid. Your solar installer will be the one to set the FiT rate, which will reflect as a discount on your energy bills.
The right solar system in Geraldton
There are several factors to consider to ensure you get the right rooftop solar panels in Geraldton. They are the following:
- Roof condition: One thing to remember before you install solar panels in Geraldton is to ensure your roof is in good condition.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home. You should have a clear idea of your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade that may impact the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Geraldton can help you find the right location for your solar system.
Your solar installer in Geraldton will also design a system that will fit your roof and maximise your space.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Geraldton
A solar battery in Geraldton will allow you to store excess energy from your rooftop solar panels and use it throughout the night during blackouts, on overcast days or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: Achieve energy independence with a solar battery in Geraldton that will reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, can help ensure that you have power when there’s a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money and gain credits for sharing the stored power in your solar battery in Geraldton.
Today, you can choose from many brands and types of solar batteries in Geraldton.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Geraldton
Western Australia has subsidies in the form of a $59.1 million package, which includes $3,500 rebates for up to 10,000 buyers of new Battery-Electric vehicles (BEV) and Fuel-Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Additionally, there is a $22.6 million investment in infrastructure to support EVs.
Under this new package, the first 10,000 West Australians to buy a sub-$70,000 BEV or FCEV will get a $3,500 rebate from the WA government. The WA government also nominated a yearly fuel saving of $1,400 for the average motorist who switches from combustion power to a zero-emissions vehicle.
There is also a $4 million fund for the Public Transport Authority to trial the installation of EV charging infrastructure that will provide up to 20 bays per car park with commuter charging access at four key stations. The remainder of $2.9 million will be used to install eight new charging stations along National Highway 1. By 2027, WA will introduce a new distance-based road user charge of 2.5c per kilometre for BEV and FCEV.
Finally, the government offers a $200 rebate for home-charging an EV or plug-in hybrid as part of the WA’s Home Plan incentive.
With the WA Government’s continuous efforts to reach net zero, more EV models will be launched. Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier and more affordable to run and maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net-zero by 2050. You can be a part of this when you switch to an EV today.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Geraldton solar panels
For a mid-range home in Geraldton, the return on investment is around two to six years. Still, this will depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Nonetheless, the more you consume solar, the more you save on energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.