On This Page
Glenroy is a suburb in Victoria (VIC) known for its diversity close to the city. There are several restaurants, supermarkets, and other shopping options.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Glenroy*
Total Installed Capacity in Glenroy (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Glenroy, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Glenroy, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Glenroy
Switching to solar is even more ideal today in Victoria. The state makes solar energy accessible and affordable to homeowners and businesses by providing subsidies.
A recent report from the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) shows that over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed across the state by the start of 2023.
The first step to begin your solar journey is finding the right solar installer in Glenroy. There are many solar installers in Glenroy you can choose from.
To find the best solar installer in Glenroy for you, choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. With their high bankability, they can honour their warranties and they are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a solar system with a 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system initially to keep up with the fast-paced electrification sweeping across the country. Your future energy needs will change, and when you have a bigger solar system, you are better prepared for what’s to come.
Solar rebates and incentives in Glenroy, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Under the Victoria Solar Homes Program, eligible homeowners can get subsidies for renewable energy sources. The program aims to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years.
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with solar systems on their properties may receive STCs. They can be used for a huge discount on the upfront installation costs of rooftop solar panels. The amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected output of your system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in the state:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
It’s essential to get the highest FiT rates. Usually, the peak times are between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Glenroy
There are a few important things to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Glenroy, VIC:
- Roof condition: It’s important the roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Glenroy.
- Roof angle: The angle of your solar panels should follow or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your Glenroy, you can look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will help you know your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees surrounding your property may cause shade. The shade can affect the efficiency of rooftop solar panels. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Glenroy will help find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Glenroy, VIC?
A solar battery in Glenroy, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Some of the benefits include:
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Glenroy will help reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Glenroy but can be inconvenient. The Tesla Powerwall, is among the many solar batteries you can choose from today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Glenroy VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Glenroy
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Glenroy. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Glenroy solar panels
For a mid-range home in Glenroy, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.