On This Page
Greensborough is a suburb in Victoria (VIC) situated at the beginning of the Green Wedge, a bushland area that runs northward into Eltham and Diamond Creek. It’s the perfect suburb for nature love lovers, with several walking tracks, parks, shops, and schools.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Greensborough*
Total Installed Capacity in Greensborough (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Greensborough, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Greensborough, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Greensborough
One of the best decisions you can make today is to switch to solar energy. The Victorian government continuously makes solar even more appealing and affordable, which is why many homeowners are taking advantage.
A recent report from the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) shows that over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed across the state by the start of 2023.
Now, you must get the right rooftop solar panels in Greensborough. You must choose the right solar installer in Greensborough, VIC to do this. The good news? You can choose from a lot of solar installers in Greensborough. The challenge is finding the one that suits your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
It’s also important to be mindful of fly-by-night solar installers taking advantage of solar energy’s popularity.
That’s why we highly recommend Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers here at Energy Matters because of their high bankability, which guarantees that your warranties will be honoured. Additionally, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system initially is also one of the things we suggest to homeowners today. This is because electrification is sweeping across the country fast, and homeowners should be able to keep up with it as it will significantly impact their future energy needs.
When you have a bigger solar system in Greensborough, you are prepared. At the same time, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Greensborough, VIC
The Victorian government provides a subsidy that makes solar more accessible. Solar rebates and incentives are also available to all Australian households with rooftop solar panels.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Under the Victoria Solar Homes Program, eligible homeowners can get subsidies for renewable energy sources. The program aims to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years.
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with solar systems on their properties may get STCs. The STCs can be used for a huge discount on the upfront costs of rooftop solar panels. However, the amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected output of your system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
It is your energy retailer who will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in the state:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day
You need to know the peak times to get the highest FiT rates. The peak times are between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Greensborough
You need to consider a few things before installing rooftop solar panels in Greensborough:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in the best condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Greensborough.
- Roof angle: The angle of the solar panels must follow or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Greensborough, you can look into your previous energy bills. This will help you know the average monthly energy consumption of your home.
- Surrounding shade: Shade may affect the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim down the trees surrounding your property whilst your solar installer in Greensborough will help find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Greensborough, VIC?
When you have a solar battery in Greensborough, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Some other benefits are:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Gormandale, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, is one of the best solar batteries today that can protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Greensborough, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Greensborough
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Greensborough. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Greensborough solar panels
For a mid-range home in Greensborough, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.