On This Page
Greenwood is a suburb in Western Australia (WA) with an excellent location close to the city, and has many parks and tree-lined streets.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Greenwood*
Total Installed Capacity in Greenwood (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Greenwood, WA
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Greenwood, WA by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Greenwood
Saving a lot of money on residential solar panels in Greenwood is easy, thanks to the boom in the solar energy sector. This enables rooftop solar panels more accessible and affordable.
Currently, over 450,000 solar systems are installed across WA as early as January 2023. This only means that solar power is here to stay. Hence, the number of solar panels owners is increasing significantly.
Ready to start your solar journey in Greenwood? You need to ensure that you’re getting the right solar system suitable to your needs. Your first step is finding the right solar installer in Greenwood.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability that enable them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in WA are equipped with rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system initially is also a good idea as this help you save more money in the long run. In addition to this, electrification is sweeping across the country at a supercharged pace, which will impact your future energy needs. With a bigger solar system in Greenwood, you are prepared for the changes ahead.
Solar rebates and incentives in Greenwood, WA
WA residents can take advantage of nationwide rebates and incentives that help make rooftop solar panels more affordable and accessible.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided to homeowners with a solar system in exchange for a significant discount on the upfront cost of your rooftop solar panels.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiT is provided by energy retailers when you export excess energy into the grid. Your energy retailer will set the FiT rates, which will reflect as a discount on your energy bills.
The right solar system in Greenwood
To get the best rooftop solar panels in Duncraig, you need to consider a few important things:
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Greenwood.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you should get for your home in Greenwood, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. Look into your previous energy bills to get this information.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may compromise the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Greenwood because they can cause shade. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Duncraig will find the best location for your rooftop solar panels.
Moreover, your solar installer in Greenwood will design a system perfect for your roof whilst ensuring you maximise the space.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Greenwood?
A solar battery in Greenwood will allow homeowners to store excess energy generated by their rooftop solar panels. Some of the benefits you can get are the following:
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Greenwood will help reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: A solar battery in Greenwood, like the Tesla Powerwall, can guarantee you have power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money and gain credits for sharing the stored power in your solar battery in Greenwood.
Today, you can choose from many brands and types of solar batteries in Greenwood.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Greenwood
Western Australia has subsidies in the form of a $59.1 million package, which includes $3,500 rebates for up to 10,000 buyers of new Battery-Electric vehicles (BEV) and Fuel-Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). Additionally, there is a $22.6 million investment in infrastructure to support EVs.
Under this new package, the first 10,000 West Australians to buy a sub-$70,000 BEV or FCEV will get a $3,500 rebate from the WA government. The WA government also nominated a yearly fuel saving of $1,400 for the average motorist who switches from combustion power to a zero-emissions vehicle.
There is also a $4 million fund for the Public Transport Authority to trial the installation of EV charging infrastructure that will provide up to 20 bays per car park with commuter charging access at four key stations. The remainder of $2.9 million will be used to install eight new charging stations along National Highway 1. By 2027, WA will introduce a new distance-based road user charge of 2.5c per kilometre for BEV and FCEV.
Finally, the government offers a $200 rebate for home-charging an EV or plug-in hybrid as part of the WA’s Home Plan incentive.
With the WA Government’s continuous efforts to reach net zero, more EV models will be launched. Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier and more affordable to run and maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net-zero by 2050. You can be a part of this when you switch to an EV today.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Greenwood solar panels
The return on investment for a mid-range home in Greenwood is around two to six years. Still, this will depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Nonetheless, the more you consume solar, the more you save on energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.