On This Page
Hornsby in New South Wales (NSW) is a green and safe suburb in the greater Sydney region. In fact, it is one of the highest-rated all-around suburbs in the city, as it is versatile that is perfect for families. Here, you get access to nature, experience good shopping and dining, and more.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Hornsby*
Total Installed Capacity in Hornsby (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Hornsby, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Hornsby, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Hornsby
Around nine per cent of homes in Hornsby have rooftop solar panels installed, as the suburb receives around 4.8 hours of peak sun per day. That said, it’s the perfect time to switch to solar.
When switching to solar, the first step is to find a solar installer in Hornby. A solar installer will ensure a system that is aligned with your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
The thing is, there is a growing number of solar installers in Hornsby today, and finding the right one for you can be overwhelming. We recommend you choose from a list of Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they honour their warranties are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
To know who they are, you can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Another thing to keep in mind is that most solar installers in Hornsby have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, take the time to gather multiple quotes, especially if you are specific about the brand.
To help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter installed. You can install up to 33 per cent of solar panels than your inverter is rated at.
We also recommend you get a bigger solar system in Hornsby initially, considering the fast-paced electrification in Australia today. It’s likely that this will impact your future energy needs. Therefore, when you have a bigger solar system, you can better prepare for the changes ahead, especially if you plan to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle. Moreover, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Hornsby, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Hornsby may be eligible for Swap for Solar, which allows homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3kW solar system, including installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap instead. You can get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided by the Australian federal government to homeowners and businesses with renewable energy systems. The value of an STC will depend on the supply and demand in the market. In addition, every solar system in Hornsby is assigned a specific amount of STCs. Therefore, the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are provided by energy retailers to households that export excess energy back into the grid. Your energy retailer will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Hornsby
There are several factors to consider to ensure you have the right solar system in Hornsby.
- Roof condition: Your roof should be excellent before rooftop solar panels are installed.
- Roof angle: The angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Know the number of solar panels in Hornsby, you can look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will help you clearly understand your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade. The shade will impact your rooftop solar panels’ efficiency. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Hornsby will help you find the right spot for your solar system.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Hornsby, NSW?
A solar battery in Hornsby will allow you to store excess energy generated by your solar system. As a result, you can use the stored energy to power your home throughout the night, during blackouts or on overcast days.
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Hornsby, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Hornsby, but they can be a hassle when they do. Solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, are the ones you can buy today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your solar battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Hornsby
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligibles EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Hornsby solar panels
A mid-range home in Hornsby can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Get rooftop solar panels in Coffs Harbour. Energy Matters has a nationwide network of trusted local solar installers in Mudgee that you can access today that can provide you with up to 3 Free Solar Quotes. Complete our quick quiz and switch to solar in Orange today.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.