On This Page
Malaga is a vibrant suburb located in the heart of Western Australia (WA). Malaga might not be as famous as its European namesake, but it certainly has its own unique charm and character to offer.
Situated just a stone’s throw away from the bustling city of Perth, Malaga is a hub of activity, brimming with an eclectic mix of businesses, cultural diversity, and a thriving community.
From its industrial precincts to its hidden pockets of greenery, Malaga has something for everyone. Whether you’re a local looking for the latest in retail therapy, a foodie on the hunt for delicious international cuisine, or a visitor eager to explore the nearby attractions, Malaga welcomes you with open arms.
So, whether you’re here for business or leisure, join the locals in savouring the laid-back yet dynamic vibe of Malaga, where urban life and natural beauty effortlessly coexist.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Malaga*
Total Installed Capacity in Malaga (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Malaga, WA
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Malaga, WA by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Malaga
Thanks to Australia’s expanding energy industry, solar panels are now more widely available and more reasonably priced than ever before. As of January 1st, 2023, more than 400,000 homes in WA had solar energy systems installed.
Finding the top solar installer in Malaga should be your first step if you decide to switch to solar power.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers due to their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in WA have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
It’s also a good idea to buy a bigger solar system in Malaga as electrification goes at a supercharged pace. Eventually, this will impact your future energy needs, and a bigger rooftop solar system will prepare you for this. This will also save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Malaga, WA
By utilising federal incentives and rebates, you may still get the most out of your rooftop solar panels in Malaga even without a state rebate.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Owners of rooftop solar systems can trade in their STCs for a sizable upfront discount on the price of their solar installation.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers are the ones who set the FiT rates and are provided when they export excess energy into the grid. The FiT will reflect as a discount on your energy bills.
The right solar system in Malaga
You must take into account the following significant aspects to make sure your rooftop solar panels are operating as effectively as possible:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before having rooftop solar panels installed in Malaga. It is a great choice to hire a licensed roof inspector for this.
- Roof angle: Your Malaga property’s ideal roof slope should be determined by its latitude.
- Energy usage: The amount of solar panels you need to install will depend on how much energy Malaga residents typically use each month. Your prior energy bills can provide you with this information.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cast shade, which could lower the Malaga rooftop solar panels’ efficiency. When choosing where to place your solar array, consult your Malaga solar installer.
Additionally, your Malaga solar installer will help you find the right system specifically for your roof, ensuring you get the most out of the available area.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Malaga, WA?
You may store any additional energy that your Malaga rooftop solar panels produce if you have a solar battery. You’ll gain from this in the following ways:
- Energy independence: To obtain total energy independence and lessen your reliance on the grid, install a Malaga solar battery.
- Protection from power outages: If your Malaga home is equipped with a solar battery, such as the Tesla Powerwall, you can make sure that it is always turned on.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Malaga back to the grid.
The good news is that there are a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Malaga, WA today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Malaga
Under this new package, the first 10,000 West Australians to buy a sub-$70,000 BEV or FCEV will get a $3,500 rebate from the WA government. The WA government also nominated a yearly fuel saving of $1,400 for the average motorist who switches from combustion power to a zero-emissions vehicle.
There is also a $4 million fund for the Public Transport Authority to trial the installation of EV charging infrastructure that will provide up to 20 bays per car park with commuter charging access at four key stations. The remainder of $2.9 million will be used to install eight new charging stations along National Highway 1. By 2027, WA will introduce a new distance-based road user charge of 2.5c per kilometre for BEV and FCEV.
Finally, the government offers a $200 rebate for home-charging an EV or plug-in hybrid as part of the WA’s Home Plan incentive.
With the WA Government’s continuous efforts to reach net zero, more EV models will be launched. Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier and more affordable to run and maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net-zero by 2050. You can be a part of this when you switch to an EV today.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Malaga solar panels
For a mid-range home in Malaga, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.