On This Page
Mill Park in Victoria (VIC) is a quiet, residential suburb with many parks and playgrounds. Plenty of amenities, such as shopping and dining, make residents very settled in the area. It also serves as the home of softball in the northern suburbs.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Mill Park*
Total Installed Capacity in Mill Park (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Mill Park, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Mill Park, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Mill Park
Solar energy has become even more affordable and attractive to Mill Park residents, thanks to the continuous efforts of the Victorian Government. In fact, a report from the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) shows that over 650,000 small-scale PV systems had been installed across VIC by the start of 2023.
The figures say it all—now is the time homeowners must take the opportunity to switch to solar energy. Finding the right solar system in Mill Park is crucial. Thus, you must take the time to find the right solar installer in Mill Park.
Energy Matters knows that there are many solar installers in Mill Park, which can be overwhelming for first-time buyers. That’s why we recommend Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers.
Known for their bankability, you can guarantee that these manufacturers will honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
To find these manufacturers, check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Victoria have a rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger solar system in Mill Park is a smart move. As electrification runs at a supercharged pace across the country, your future energy needs are bound to change. When you have a bigger rooftop solar system in Mill Park, you are prepared and can help you save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Mill Park, VIC
Victoria Solar Homes Program
The Victoria Solar Homes Program is a subsidy in which the goal is to have a million households with rooftop solar panels over ten years. Eligible homeowners may take advantage of this and get the following discounts:
- Solar system cost: $1,400
- Solar batteries: $2,950
- Solar hot water systems: $1,000
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided to Australians who will get rooftop solar systems. They serve as a discount that can be used on the upfront costs of rooftop solar panels. However, the amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected output of the system throughout its lifespan.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are provided by energy retailers when homeowners export excess energy into the grid. In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
Be mindful of the peak times, which is usually between 3 pm and 9 pm on weekdays, to get the most out of your FiTs.
The right solar system in Mill Park
There are a few important things to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Mill Park, such as:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Mill Park.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your solar panels should follow or is equal to the latitude angle of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need in Mill Park, get your average monthly energy consumption by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade may impact the efficiency of your solar panels, and one of the main causes is trees surrounding your property. You can trim them down and your solar installer in Mill Park will find the right spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Mill Park?
A solar battery in Mill Park will let you store energy your solar system generates. From there, you can get the following benefits:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Mill Park, you can make your home fully self-sufficient and reduce your grid dependence.
- Blackout protection: Many solar batteries, such as the Tesla Powerwall, can protect you from blackouts in Mill Park, VIC.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP)) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can now get many brands and types of solar batteries in Mill Park, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Mill Park
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Mill Park. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Mill Park solar panels
For a mid-range home in Mill Park you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Remember how you consume energy, and your usage pattern plays an important role here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.