On This Page
Located on the western foreshore of Lake Macquarie, Morisset in New South Wales (NSW) is a sight to behold. Besides the glittering water of the lake, it is perfectly complemented by the enchanting forests of the Watagan Mountains.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Morisset*
Total Installed Capacity in Morisset (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Morisset, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Morisset, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Morisset
Solar energy has reached Morisset, with around 16 per cent of households already installing rooftop solar panels. As it receives 4.8 hours of peak sun per day, homeowners in Morisset can generate enough solar power for their homes. That said, we can’t stress enough how now is the perfect time to switch to solar.
The first step is to find the right solar installer in Morisset. With the many options to choose from, it can be an overwhelming process. That’s why Energy Matters recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers.
These manufacturers can honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels. You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Another thing to keep in mind is that most solar installers in Morisset have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you’re particular about the brand, you should have several ones to choose from.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Today, most homes in NSW are equipped with a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. The good thing is, there’s more room for you here. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We recommend getting a bigger solar system in Morisset initially, as electrification in Australia is growing at a supercharged pace. In turn, this will impact your future energy needs. With a bigger solar system, you are prepared for this, which can also help save you more money in the long run. This is also a good idea if you plan to buy a solar battery or an electric vehicle soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Morisset, NSW
The NSW government is on a mission to reduce their carbon emissions; therefore, they are making ways for solar to be affordable through rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Morisset may be eligible for a Swap for Solar, which enables homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system. This includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. With this, you can get home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
If you have a solar system in Morisset, you are eligible for STCs. The value of an STC will vary based on the supply and demand in the market.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy back into the grid entitles Morisset homeowners to receive FiTs. These are provided by energy retailers, who will also be the one to set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Morisset
There are a few things to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Morisset, NSW.
- Roof condition: The condition of your roof is important before installing rooftop solar panels in Morisset. We recommend hiring a professional roof inspector for this.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need, look into your previous energy bills. This will give you an idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade. As a result, this could impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Morisset. Trimming them down is an effective way to deal with this, whilst your solar installer in Morisset will help you find the right location for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Morisset, NSW?
If you have a home battery storage in Morisset, you can store energy generated by your solar system. With this, you will have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Aside from that, below are the other benefits you can get when you have a solar battery in Morisset:
- Energy independence: As the grid becomes unstable and triggers energy costs, you can save yourself from this with a solar battery in Morisset. You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, can ensure you have power even during blackouts. Even though blackouts in Morisset rarely occur, being prepared will guarantee convenience for you at times like this.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Morisset
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Morisset solar panels
A mid-range home in Morisset can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Get rooftop solar panels in Braidwood. Energy Matters has a nationwide network of trusted local solar installers in Coffs Harbour that you can access today that can provide you with up to 3 Free Solar Quotes. Complete our quick quiz and switch to solar in Tea Gardens today.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.