On This Page
Murrumbateman in New South Wales (NSW) has many vineyards and cellar doors with a cool climate. Hence, it’s one of the best towns in NSW if you’re looking to explore vineyards and taste different kinds of wines.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Murrumbateman*
Total Installed Capacity in Murrumbateman (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Murrumbateman, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Murrumbateman, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Murrumbateman
Despite the cool climate, it is still a great spot for solar energy. In fact, around 19 per cent of homes have rooftop solar panels in Murrumbateman.
So, if you’re thinking of switching to solar and taking advantage of the 4.8 hours of peak sun per day the town receives, now is the perfect time to find a solar installer in Murrumbateman. With many solar installers in town, it can be overwhelming.
Therefore, Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are the ones who can honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list.
Another thing to keep in mind is that most solar installers in Murrumbateman have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. That’s why you should take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
It’s essential to note that most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We recommend buying a bigger solar system in Murrumbateman initially, considering the pace of electrification in Australia today. When you have a bigger solar system, you are better prepared to face the impact of electrification on your future energy needs. In addition, it’s also a smart move if you plan to get a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Murrumbateman, NSW
The NSW government continues to make an effort to make solar energy even more affordable through solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Murrumbateman, NSW may be eligible for a Swap for Solar that enables homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. With this, homeowners in Murrumbateman can get home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Those with solar systems on their properties in Murrumbateman can get STCs. The value of an STC will vary depending on the supply and demand in the market. Hence, every solar PV system is assigned a specific amount of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When you export excess energy back into the grid, you can get FiTs. Your energy retailer will provide the FiTs and will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Murrumbateman
You also need to consider a few things to ensure you get the right solar system in Murrumbateman, NSW.
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in excellent condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Murrumbateman.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need, look into your previous energy bills. This will give you an idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, affecting your solar panels’ efficiency in Murrumbateman. You can trim them down whilst your solar installer will help you find the right spot for your solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Murrumbateman, NSW?
A home battery storage in Murrumbateman, NSW will allow you to store energy generated by your solar system. As a result, you have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. In addition to that, here are the other benefits you can get when you have a solar battery in Murrumbateman, NSW:
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Murrumbateman can help you reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Murrumbateman rarely occur, but they can be inconvenient when they happen. You are guaranteed power even during a blackout when you have a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can choose from many brands and types of solar batteries in Murrumbateman, NSW.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Murrumbateman
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Murrumbateman solar panels
A mid-range home in Murrumbateman can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Our professional solar installers Broken Hill will assess and determine your energy needs. We customise a solar panel system in Kempsey to fit the roof size of your properly, ensuring you receive the most suitable a solar panel system for your Lismore home, meeting to property’s energy requirements.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.