On This Page
Known for its shopping centre, Narellan Town Centre and St Thomas Chapel, Narellan in New South Wales (NSW) is popular with families. The area is family-friendly and is considered a safe place to raise children.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Narellan*
Total Installed Capacity in Narellan (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Narellan, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Narellan, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Narellan
Now is a great time to switch to solar energy when you’re in Narellan as the area receives 4.8 hours of peak sun per day. Around 17 per cent of households have rooftop solar panels installed on their homes.
The first step is to find the right solar installer in Narellan. There are many solar installers in Narellan that you can choose from, which can be overwhelming. With the right solar installer, you can guarantee that they will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they can honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list to know who they are, which is updated every year.
In addition, it’s essential to note that most solar installers in Narellan have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. That’s why you should take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Also, you should consider getting a bigger solar system initially as we are in the middle of the fast-paced electrification today in Australia. With a bigger solar system, you are more prepared and confident to accommodate your future energy needs. This is also a great idea if you’re planning to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Narellan, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Narellan, NSW may be eligible for a Swap for Solar. This allows homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rabate for a 3kW solar system, including installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. This will provide free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Any homeowner in Australia with a solar system can get STCs. The value of an STC will depend on the supply and demand in the market.
That said, every solar PV system is assigned a specific amount of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
You can get rewarded when you export excess energy back into the grid through the form of FiTs. Your energy retailer provides FiTs, and it is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Narellan
There are a few things to consider to help you get the best solar system in Narellan. They are:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Narellan.
- Roof angle: Ideally, your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To get a clear idea of the number of solar panels in Narellan, look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will allow you to get a clear idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, which can affect the efficiency of your solar panels in Narellan, NSW. One thing you can do is trim them down, whilst your solar installer will help find the perfect spot for your solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Narellan, NSW?
With a home battery storage will let you store energy generated by your solar system in Narellan. As a result, you’ll have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Other benefits include the following:
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Narellan, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Narellan rarely occur, but they can be inconvenient when they happen. With a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, will ensure you have power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
There are a lot of brands and types of solar batteries you can choose from in Narellan, NSW today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Narellan
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Narellan solar panels
A mid-range home in Narellan can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Get rooftop solar panels in Brookvale. Energy Matters has a nationwide network of trusted local solar installers in Kiama that you can access today that can provide you with up to 3 Free Solar Quotes. Complete our quick quiz and switch to solar in Wagga Wagga today.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.