Solar Power In Kiama, NSW, 2533
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Kiama (postcode: 2533) and the Kiama - Shellharbour region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Kiama not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Kiama
New South Wales, 2533
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Kiama , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Kiama - Shellharbour region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Kiama's solar energy resources
On average, Kiama receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.29 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Kiama should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 19° to 29° and the optimal angle is 24°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Kiama
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Kiama and is based on components well suited to Illawarra area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Kiama: 6.1344 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.2022 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.0288 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2240 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $672 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Kiama
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Kiama: 12.2688 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 6.4044 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.0576 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4481 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1344 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Kiama
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Kiama: 20.448 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 10.674 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 30.096 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7469 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2240 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Kiama
Solar installations in Kiama, NSW, 2533
There are 921 solar PV installations in Kiama's postcode, 2533, totaling 2383.25 kW of capacity. The 2533 postcode accounts for 0.06% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Kiama area.
The average system size in Kiama is 2.59kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Kiama's postcode area are generating an average of 10224 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $92017 monthly and $1119544 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2533 postcode is enough to fully power 662 Australian homes.
Kiama solar carbon offset
System owners in Kiama's postcode are collectively avoiding 3732 tonnes (coal fired power) or 1493 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 536 - 1339 cars off Kiama's roads.
Kiama, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Kiama information
Kiama's coordinates are -34.671676,150.856703 and its weather station is located at Nowra (Aus-Navy). Nowra (Aus-Navy) weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Kiama: 4.29 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.40 m/s
- Air pressure: 98.10 kPa
- Humidity: 74.38%
- Air temperature: 15.92 degrees C
- Earth temperature:17.32 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Kiama
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Kiama households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Kiama and the Kiama - Shellharbour region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Kiama hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Kiama
Join Kiama's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Kiama and the Kiama - Shellharbour region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.